Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX color expansion module Lync compatible??

SOLVED
bigfish
Advisor

VVX color expansion module Lync compatible??

I have VVX500 phones.  Is the VVX color expanison module compatible with Lync?  Will it display Lync pinned frequently contacts?

Shawn

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX color expansion module Lync compatible??

Hello Shawn,

as this is not even released at the time of this reply I am unable to comment on it.

As far as I am aware the VVX and other phones can display LYNC contacts in a BLF style on the main phone and usually the extension modules are just additional space for numbers etc. so I would assume that is possible.

Until they are released I am unable to confirm and you may want to work with a Polycom Sales Engineer via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SteffenBaierUK

Hello Shawn,

as this is not even released at the time of this reply I am unable to comment on it.

As far as I am aware the VVX and other phones can display LYNC contacts in a BLF style on the main phone and usually the extension modules are just additional space for numbers etc. so I would assume that is possible.

Until they are released I am unable to confirm and you may want to work with a Polycom Sales Engineer via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
beems
Occasional Visitor

I hate to revive an old thread, but does anyone know if this is possible? Will the VVX color expansion module show the Lync status of the contacts?

Thanks,
Matt

Message 3 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello beems,

The answer is still the same until the module has been officially been released to the public.

Best regards

Steffen Baier
----------------

----------------

Message 4 of 6
beems
Occasional Visitor

The product was announced early in 2013, and is still not released? Nothing on the product page would show that it is not yet available (http://www.polycom.com/products-services/voice/desktop-solutions/realpresence-desktop-vvx-business-m...). Is there something on that page I'm missing?

Message 5 of 6
SteffenBaierUK

Hello beems,

Products are often announced but, to my knowledge, you are not yet able to order the product.

Until this is publicly available I am unable to confirm / verify. If you require more information you should consider working with your Polycom reseller / Polycom sales engineer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 6