Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have come accross an issue that in specific scenario entered digits aren't accepted anymore on VVX600/VVX500:

If user calls in to voicemail (or calls another person), logs in (or starts conversation), then still being on call presses Call history and punches in some digits, from there goes back to the original call (which has been on-hold) - no digits are accepted (or the called party doesn't hear DTMF tones).

I've tried 3 different payloads - 101, 127 and 97 as well as DTMF outbound (as per FAQ suggestiongs).

I've tried 3 software versions - 5.0.1, 5.3 and 5.4.2 - all are the same.

Has anyone come across this particular behavior? 

Could it be software bug or intended to work this way?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

The release notes will answer this for you. If the FIx would have been already in the "older" 5.5.0 it would state this.

The fix for this is in 5.4.5 and the next 5.5.1 and all later versions.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

If you believe you have found a bug and can reproduce this check the community's VoIP FAQ post here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

Thanks for contacting my via PM but in order to raise a ticket I would require a MAC address of a phone that should be in warranty.

Its unfortunate that your Polycom resellers are unable to raise this for you but most likely they are just a discounter who simply ship boxes and got not skills on troubleshooting. This is an unfortunate side effect when purchasing units at a lower price.

Please provide a or some MAC addresses and maybe a Video and we take it from there.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen, thank you for response!

I've PM'd you couple of MACs (we have many more as this issue seems to be in several software versions on VVX 500s and 600s).

Could you please confirm that only these suppliers are able to open cases with Polycom:

http://www.polycom.com/partners/find-a-partner/distributor-locator.html

If that's true, we probably need to establish new relashionship with them. Do you know if we need to purchase a special amount of phones in order to be able to report a bug?

And what would be the chances of this bug being fixed?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

The first PM provided MAC address shows Westcon as the reseller so you would need to work with them. It should not matter how many phones you purchase in order to be able to raise a bug via their support team.

We usually aim to fix all serious bugs within reason but as mentioned before please provide a video showing how you reproduce this.

Our North American Support teams will then work with Westcon on this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

any luck getting this escalated vie Westcon and getting that Video done?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

Any luck with that Video and getting it raised with Westcon ?

I understood this was urgent so any delay will not help.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Steffen, thank you for following up.

Video is uploaded here:

https://sendvid.com/cwpgnyqx

Could you confirm you were referring to MAC ending with ...67?

I'm trying to clarify the process of reporting bugs/raising cases with Polycom better.

As I understand, there are official/certified distributors (in North America it would be Westcon and those from this list http://www.polycom.com/partners/find-a-partner/distributor-locator.html)

I was informed they don't sell phones to service providers directly and instead deal with smaller suppliers. If that's correct, does that mean in case someone needs to report a bug, they'd have to go to supplier who would escalate to official distributor that would in turn open a case with Polycom (wich looks like a 3-step process)?

Or this process is easier and I'm just confused?

Thank you for helping us out with this, Steffen!

HP Recommended

Hello VoIPonaught,

thanks for the Video and its clear now that the initial call was placed on hold and returned from hold no longer sends DTMF to the original call.

The unit with the MAC ending with 67 was sold from Polycom to Westcon back in 31/08/2015. I am unable to find the other MAC in our system.

Usually Westcon may sell these on to discounters you purchased from but Westcon would be your first level support contact and they can open a ticket with our support team for you.

Depending how many phones you sell you may be able to qualify to open Tickets yourself but I would need some more details of you to bring you in contact with the North American sales team.

I can reproduce the issue you mentioned here so I open this internally for now.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thank you for your advise!

Weston was able to connect me with Polycom finally!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.