Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I am working with VVX300s and 400s and EFKs. I have found that I can make my macros, but they don't work properly when there are multiple lines registered to the phone.

Phones are running 5.3.2.0208, connected to a Broadworks server.

In a single line registration, 

<efklist efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="Park Call On"
efk.efklist.1.action.string="$Chold$*86$Tinvite$" />
<softkey softkey.7.label="Park" softkey.7.action="!callpark" softkey.7.enable="1" softkey.7.precede="1" 
softkey.7.use.active="1" softkey.7.use.alerting="0" softkey.7.use.dialtone="0" softkey.7.use.hold="1" />

gives me the Park ability while on a call.

However, if there is a second line on the phone, the call is placed on hold and then the *86 command is placed on the second line, which of course errors out on the telephony server. 

I tried inserting $FLine1$ before the *86, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Thoughts or suggestions? 

Thanks!

-Danny

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Danny,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Nov 25, 2011 Question: How can I change the functionality of a softkey button / use EFK?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Have a look at example 3.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello, Steffen,

Thank you for your quick response!

It was actually in that FAQ that I learned about the $FLineX$ tag, but I was unable to get it to function as desired.

I'm trying to accomplish my macro during the call state and only on the primary line. Note: the macro works as expected on phones that have only a single line (and those that have BLF), but the problem starts when a secondary line is established on the phone- then when the macro goes to do anything involving DTMF and/or a new call initiation it does so via the secondary line.  

Do I need to move the $FLine1$ later in the string as below? Am I missing some other syntax to force the call to Line 1 (as that is the line that has the active call to be parked in this example)??  Can I force the macro to use the *active* line instead of forcing use of either Line 1 or a possible Line 2?

<efklist efk.efklist.1.mname="callpark" efk.efklist.1.status="1" efk.efklist.1.label="Park Call On"
efk.efklist.1.action.string="$Chold$$FLine1$*86$Tinvite$" />
<softkey softkey.7.label="Park" softkey.7.action="!callpark" softkey.7.enable="1" softkey.7.precede="1" 
softkey.7.use.active="1" softkey.7.use.alerting="0" softkey.7.use.dialtone="0" softkey.7.use.hold="1" />

HP Recommended

Hello Danny,

If you are in a current call you would want to send Dialpad Events as these would be send as DTMF.

Using the second line has something to do with the call.stickyAutoLineSeize Parameter andmultiple registrations.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.