Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have been having issues with Polycom phones, basically since the VVX came out.  The phones do not seem to be responsive, in the sense that the phone seems to hesitate when pressing keys.

I have tried many different brand of phones, and while for many reasons I prefer the Polycom brand, all of those other phone brands are perfectly responsive, like old PSTN phones - press a key, get an instant reaction. Only the Polycom feels like it's too busy to respond to my key presses, as if it had some sort of complex background process going on.

This is true whether I have 5 BLF or 50, but it feels worst when there are many.

This is annoying but tolerable to office workers, but receptionists are going out of their minds. 

This has been true on 5.2, 5.3 and not 5.5.2.  5.5.2 feels better, but it`s not quite what I feel it should be.

Is there any best practice in terms of configuration to get responsive phones? What settings could impact this? Given the size of Polycom provisioned config files, I've got a hunch that there is some setting somewhere that I just need to find, but I haven`t found it yet.

As I wrote, all other phones in the same environnement are perfectly responsive so I don`t think it`s network related. My "test phone" RAM is 33% used, and the CPU hovers around 20% utilization.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello mgaudette,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

As explained in the past this really needs to go via support as we need accounts and logs of your phones.

Please raise this via support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.