Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all

Since upgrading to 5.3.0 we have noticed that the reject button is not showing anymore on any incoming calls....

I have set voIpProt.SIP.use486forReject="1" however this does not seem to change anything...

I have double checked the Admin Guide however cannot see anyting that stands out for this...

Cheers

Dave

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello Dave,

I cannot confirm this using a VVX500. Calling from another Extension brings up the Pop Up Window:

or after time

Please work with your Polycom reseller once you have confirmed your configuration does not have anything in it preventing this.

voIpProt.SIP.use486forReject is for:

• If set to 1 and the phone is indicating a ringing inbound call appearance, the phone will transmit a 486 response to the received INVITE when the Reject soft key is pressed.
    If set to 0, no 486 response is transmitted.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can replicate this by having a Shared Call Appearance. On a user with no SCA, the Reject button is displayed.

Regards

BRM

HP Recommended

Sorry all

I was meant to add that I do have an SCA... Steffen do you have the same outcome if you have an SCA?

Cheers

Dave

HP Recommended

Hello BRM,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

The next step has already been outlined and should be to contact the Polycom reseller so we can follow this up if it is working as designed or a bug we need to track.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have VVX410 phones on Broadsoft platform  that recently upgraded to:

PolycomVVX-VVX_410-UA/5.8.0.13851 

Phone has the SCA as well and also added,

voIpProt.SIP.use486forReject="1" 

in config but still rejection option is not showing when phone rings.

Is there any way that i can enable the reject option.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

I was able to resolve this issue by updating the line from a 'Shared' line to a 'Private' line. I added to the configuration of the impacted phone the following string: 

• reg.x.type ="private"
  • x = the registering line that is not displaying the Reject button when called

Example:

My Polycom phone running 5.4.1 has two lines; reg.1 with extension 9888 and reg.2 with extension 3106 as the SCA (Shared Call Appearance) line. Calls into reg.1 result in Reject button displayed. Calls to reg.2 does not display the Reject button when called.

After modifying the configuration file to change reg.2 from a Shared line to Private, I am now seeing the Reject button.

Additional Note:

You can also manually modify the line type through the menu options.

Settings » Advanced » Administration Settings » Line Configuration » Select Line » SIP Protocol » Line Type

- Isai V.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.