Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a VVX1500 that is often (but not always) very slow to respond  to both screen input and hard button input. It has 5 SIP registrations, each reregistering roughly 60 seconds (actually staggered - 60/65/70/75/80 seconds depending on registration, to make sure they dont all register at the same moment and therefore impact phone performance).

Even when the phone is idle, I can see in the diagnostic graphs that the CPU hits 100% every few seconds.  This likely explains why the phone is so sluggish, but I can't find what would be creating this issue. 

Logging level is set to default, nothing much is happening on the phone except the reregistrations every minutes or so. I even have the video shutter closed in case that was the issue.

I've upgraded the firmware from 4.1.x to 5.1.x to 5.2.x and now to 5.3.0. I've always have the same issue. I've also (many times) formatted the file system since this usually seems to fix other weird issues.

Comparatively, VVX300/VVX400 phones that are on the same firmware and have similar configuration (same number of sip registrations, mostly the same config files) are perfectly fine and respond quickly to button input.  CPU graph on those hovers around 15% when idle, which seems about right.

I'd appreciate any help in finding the issue, or just general help in debugging which process takes so much CPU (is this possible?)

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello michael,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This would need the attention of our support team so please go ahead and raise this via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi Stephen,

Unfortunately this phone was meant as an eval phone a long time ago... At least 3, if not 4 years....

Its not under warranty, which is why I was looking for generic how-to debug tips.

Needless to say, this experience hasnt given me confidence in those phones...

Michael
HP Recommended

Hello michael,

Not knowing the history of this phone or config or any other details will not allow us to troubleshoot this professionally.

Out of warranty does not exclude you from support as you can always use pay per incident via your reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.