Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Split from => here <= as not related

i had a samelier problem with VVX1500 while upgrading them using the FTP server.

1. after upgrading the firest phone BootRom to version 4.1.4 and after it reboots "Application 2345-17960-001.sip.ld is not is not compatible with the phone"
  2. ther other phone keeps telling "Error application not present"

i tried many differenet  bootrom and UC softwares but the same.

i also checked the Faq and bulletin TB53522

i there any way to format the file system of the phones and start over again.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

the post you replied dealt with a TFTP issue which was addressed in a later BootROM.

Your issue is different and if you are having a VVX1500 that is not yet running SIP 3.2.2 or newer needs to follow the Technical Bulletin you mentioned.

This can be found => here <= and explains that a new BootBlock is needed.

The Procedure is completely different to any other phone and needs to be completely followed as explained in the document including the special finger combination that needs to be pressed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi steffen,

i tried to flash the Bootlock and it works with one phone only.

the other phone keep giving me "BootBlock failed to flash all times"

the ftp server is active as the phone able to upload the MAC-boot.log and MAC-appFlash.log files.

i noticed from the log that the phone has a BootBlock 3.0.1

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

the document clearly states:

— BootROM version 4.1.4
— BootBlock version 2.9.0
— SIP software version 3.2.2

If your 1x VVX is already on a BootBlock bigger than 2.9.0 then you will not need this procedure.

The other one on a 2.8.0 BootBlock does need to follow the procedure.

What Software Version are you actually trying to upgrade to?

The 3.x.x BootBlock one already has a 4.3.0 BootROM so try UCS 3.3.5

The 2.8.0 BootBlock one needs to be upgraded to BootROM 4.1.3 / SIP 3.2.2 and you can then upgrade to UCS 3.3.5 as well.

If you want to go UCS 4.x.x you will need the Upgrader / Updater as well but that is documented again when trying to download the Software.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

i'm using ther versions state on the document

— BootROM version 4.1.4
— BootBlock version 2.9.0
— SIP software version 3.2.2

but it keeps telling "BootBlock failed to flash all times". any advise?

HP Recommended

Ahmed,

one of the VVX1500 (0004f2bef077is only a few months old so you are entitled to support via your Polycom reseller.

Only the VVX with a BootBlock 2.8.2 (0004f2be916f) will need the above procedure with BootBlock 2.9.0 / BootROM 4.1.4

The other "newer" VVXX1500 (0004f2bef077) does not need this as it is already on BootBlock 3.0.x

Did you follow the above procedure with the out of warranty VVX (0004f2be916f)?

I can only advise you what you need to do. If you are unable to follow these simple instructions then you need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise a ticket with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi steffen,

i'm a polycom reseller and the unit belongs to my customer.

i tried the procedure with 0004f2be916f and it works fine. the 0004f2bef077 didn't work i think because it is allready had a bootlocak 3.0.1

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

so are both of your 2 units now upgraded?

If not please work the familiar escalation process,

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

HI. I´m end user.

I have 3 vvx 1500 units, and the actually are has:

bootblock 2.8.2

bootroom 4.1.3.0054

I had been sucess to upgrade bootrom from 4.1.2 to 4.1.3, but , i tried to upgrade bootblok from 2.8.2 to 3.0.4, but i have no sucess.

when i find bootblock 2.9.0 , like mentioned in tb53522, I not founded. where can I download bootblock 2.9.0 and bootrom 4.1.4? or is there another way to by pass this step? thanks.

Platform: Model=VVX 1500, Assembly=2345-17960-001 Rev=B
0101000000|so   |3|00|Platform: Board=2345-17960-001 6
0101000000|so   |3|00|Platform: MAC=0004f2be973b, IP=Resolving, Subnet Mask=Resolving
0101000000|so   |3|00|Platform: BootBlock=2.8.2 (17960-001) 18-Jun-09 16:29
0101000000|so   |3|00|Application, main: Label=BOOT, Version=4.1.3.0054 18-Mar-09 13:12
0101000000|so   |3|00|Application, main: P/N=3150-11069-413

HP Recommended

Hello @ANIBAL MATIAS ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

The required BootBLOCK can be found on our VVX 1500 support page >here<

Polycom VVX BootBlock 3.0.4

Nov 20, 2018

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.