Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I upgraded my VVX1500 to firmware 5.2.0 today. One phone came up fine but another one seems to have a problem.

Now when the phone power up it is stuck at the Polycom logo screen with the headset, SP phone button lid solid green, and the DND and mute button lid solid red. Photo is attached.

Is there a way to recover this or is the phone is now dead and needs to be sent back to support?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello veloclouduc

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This sounds like something went wrong during the upgarde.

How did you upgrade it and was anything external connected to the unit whilst upgrading ?

PC, USB Stick or a Headset ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Nothing was connected to the phone except the power. The same upgrade process with another phone went fine. This was the second phone I upgraded. 

I used the provisioning server (FTP). Put the sip.ld image in the root directory and reboot the phone. It seemed to go through without problem initially but then when the phone rebooted after install the software, it was stuck at the Polycom logo screen, which is the photo I attached.

Any idea on what can be done or does this need to be sent back now?

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Hello veloclouduc

do you remember what software was on it before and did the phone upload any logs?

There is nothing an End Customer can do and it would be a RMA va your reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

OK. That's what I thought 😞 Thanks for the reply.

I didn't see any logs but the phone was running 5.1.2 prior to the upgrade, just like another phone.

Cheers.

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Upgraded two VVX1500 from 5.1.2 to 5.2.0 using the Polycom upgrade service. Both phones did not boot after loading the new sip.ld and stopped at Polycom logo screen. Power cycle does not change anything. No reaction on keys.

Before I am sending the phones back, I would like to understand what is wrong as it seems to be a more common problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.