Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Phone Information Phone Model VVX 201 Part Number 3111-40450-001 Rev:A MAC Address 64:16:7F:85:B0:73 IP Mode IPv4 IP Address 192.168.20.217 UC Software Version 6.0.0.4839 Updater Version 6.0.0.4644

I'm having an issue where my phone doesn't see the sntp service upon initial provisioning. Once the phone finishes configuring itself, I'll log into the phones webui. I'll remove the address thats in the SNTP Server field. Save. Then input that exact same address, then it see the SNTP service. Below is the TulsaCorp.cfg file that lists the parameters. App.log is the error log from the phone. 

Any idea of why the initial provisioning of the phone won't allow it to see the sntp but after I make a change it can then see the sntp?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<!-- Generated site.cfg Configuration File -->
<polycomConfig xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="polycomConfig.xsd">

<!-- This points the phone the the phone system server -->
<voIpProt>
<voIpProt.server voIpProt.server.1.address="phone.careatc.com" voIpProt.server.1.port="5060">
</voIpProt.server>
</voIpProt>

<!-- Moves the time/date to the top right, sets the format as Dayofweek, Month dayofmonth, 0 disables long format; shows Thur, Jan 1 -->
<lcl.datetime.date lcl.datetime.date.dateTop="1" lcl.datetime.date.format="D,Md" lcl.datetime.date.longFormat="0">
</lcl.datetime.date>
<!-- This suppresses the warning/! symbol that says we are leaving the default password unchanged -->
<up up.warningLevel="1">
</up>
<!-- Enables presence detection as it's disabled by default -->
<feature.presence feature.presence.enabled="1">
</feature.presence>

<!-- Sets the SNTP, gmtOffset in seconds from GMT as well as static set daylightSavingstime -->
<tcpIpApp>
<tcpIpApp.sntp tcpIpApp.sntp.address="192.168.129.20" tcpIpApp.sntp.AQuery="0" tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" tcpIpApp.sntp.resyncPeriod="86400" tcpIpApp.sntp.retryDnsPeriod="86400">
<tcpIpApp.sntp.address tcpIpApp.sntp.address.overrideDHCP="1">
</tcpIpApp.sntp.address>
<tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.enable="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.fixedDayEnable="1">
<tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.date="8" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.month="3" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.time="2">
<tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0">
</tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start.dayOfWeek>
</tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.start>
<tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.date="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek="1" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.month="11" tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.time="2">
<tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek.lastInMonth="0">
</tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop.dayOfWeek>
</tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings.stop>
</tcpIpApp.sntp.daylightSavings>
<tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset.overrideDHCP="0">
</tcpIpApp.sntp.gmtOffset>
</tcpIpApp.sntp>
</tcpIpApp>

<!-- Sets the codec preference. We disable all except for G711_Mu -->
<voice.codecPref voice.codecPref.G711_A="0" voice.codecPref.G711_Mu="1" voice.codecPref.G722="0" voice.codecPref.G729_AB="0" voice.codecPref.Opus="0">
<voice.codecPref.G719 voice.codecPref.G719.32kbps="0" voice.codecPref.G719.48kbps="0" voice.codecPref.G719.64kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.G719>

<voice.codecPref.G7221 voice.codecPref.G7221.16kbps="0" voice.codecPref.G7221.24kbps="0" voice.codecPref.G7221.32kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.G7221>

<voice.codecPref.G7221_C voice.codecPref.G7221_C.24kbps="0" voice.codecPref.G7221_C.32kbps="0" voice.codecPref.G7221_C.48kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.G7221_C>

<voice.codecPref.iLBC voice.codecPref.iLBC.13_33kbps="0" voice.codecPref.iLBC.15_2kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.iLBC>

<voice.codecPref.Lin16 voice.codecPref.Lin16.16ksps="0" voice.codecPref.Lin16.32ksps="0" voice.codecPref.Lin16.44_1ksps="0" voice.codecPref.Lin16.48ksps="0" voice.codecPref.Lin16.8ksps="0">
</voice.codecPref.Lin16>

<voice.codecPref.SILK voice.codecPref.SILK.12ksps="0" voice.codecPref.SILK.16ksps="0" voice.codecPref.SILK.24ksps="0" voice.codecPref.SILK.8ksps="0">
</voice.codecPref.SILK>

<voice.codecPref.Siren14 voice.codecPref.Siren14.24kbps="0" voice.codecPref.Siren14.32kbps="0" voice.codecPref.Siren14.48kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.Siren14>

<voice.codecPref.Siren22 voice.codecPref.Siren22.32kbps="0" voice.codecPref.Siren22.48kbps="0" voice.codecPref.Siren22.64kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.Siren22>

<voice.codecPref.Siren7 voice.codecPref.Siren7.16kbps="0" voice.codecPref.Siren7.24kbps="0" voice.codecPref.Siren7.32kbps="0">
</voice.codecPref.Siren7>
</voice.codecPref>

</polycomConfig>
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @corylang ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

We would need to see a backup prior to your change and after so we could double-check what change you made to get it to work.

Jan 28, 2013 Question: Time and Date flashing or unable to set NTP time correctly

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above explains in detail what to set if you want to change how the phone works out of the box.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I don't have a backup of the phone straight out of the box. I did a Format File System.

My question is, when I provision the phone with the settings I provided, SNTP won't work. As soon as I go into the phone's interface and manually set the SNTP information to the same exact information in the provisioning configuration, it works. 

Is my initial provisioning configuration wrong, syntax, etc?

HP Recommended

Hello @corylang ,

• provision the phone out of the box
  • take a backup
  • make the manual change
  • take a backup
  • use a Tool like Notepad++ with the compare Plugin and see the changes

Most likely this is due to the device.set="1" parameter but I already explain that in the FAQ.

If this fails and nobody else within the community has anything else to add please open a ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket, you need to work with your Poly reseller as they may need to do this for you.

End Customers are usually unable to open a ticket directly with Poly support.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter providing your MAC address or your Poly devices serial will enable us to look up who would be able to support you. This may not be who you purchased the Poly device from.

If the unit is no longer within the warranty please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So that actually fixed it. I set the device.sntp information which allowed it to sync. Now the issue is the Time Zone isn't getting set correctly. Here's the code I used. Am I typing something incorrectly in this snippit? The issue is specifically the GMT isn't getting set correctly which it's just setting itself to the default of "0" setting the time forward by 6 hours relative to my current locaiton. 

<device>
<!---->
<device.sntp device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID="10" device.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" device.sntp.serverName="192.168.129.20">
<device.sntp.gmtOffset device.sntp.gmtOffset.set="0">
</device.sntp.gmtOffset>
<device.sntp.serverName device.sntp.serverName.set="1">
</device.sntp.serverName>
</device.sntp>
</device>
HP Recommended

Hi @corylang 

see my previous answer.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

So I looked at that walk through again. The config line specified in the link you provided didn't work. 

<time device.set="1" device.sntp.serverName.set="1" device.sntp.serverName="pool.ntp.org" device.sntp.gmtOffset.set="1" device.sntp.gmtOffset="3600" />

Here is what I have set in the config file. Also, see the attached picture of whats set in the config and shown in the phone webui. However, it's not setting it correctly in the phone.

<device>	
    <device.sntp device.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600" device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID="10" device.sntp.serverName="192.168.129.20">
      <device.sntp.gmtOffset device.sntp.gmtOffset.set="1">
      </device.sntp.gmtOffset>
      <device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID.set="1">
      </device.sntp.gmtOffsetcityID>
      <device.sntp.serverName device.sntp.serverName.set="1">
      </device.sntp.serverName>
    </device.sntp>
	</device>
HP Recommended

To further specify, in the configuration I provided, I set device.sntp.gmtOffset="-21600". You can see in the previous attached picture, on the right-hand side, the Configured Source Value for Alternate Time Zone is set to  "Config:-21600"

However, the dropdown is set to "(GMT 0:00) Western Europe Time"

How do I get that to say the correct time zone. In my case I need it to be set to "(GMT -6:00) Central Time (US & Canada)"

HP Recommended

Hello @corylang ,

I am currently traveling and if nobody else will help you the next step is a ticket.

As SCANSOURCE INC sold this unit back in 23/06/2017 it is no longer within the warranty so please be prepared to Pay Per Incident / PPI. This is all outlined in detail here

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.