Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX201 and VVX150 BLF Key Configuration

Occasional Visitor

VVX201 and VVX150 BLF Key Configuration

We have been attempting to utilze the 2-line phones for 1 line with the second line key as a BLF for a ring group or user. However, we are unable to get this to function on the two line phones when they are functioning on VVX3##, VVX4##, VVX501, and VVX601.

We've attempted a number of different configuration changes and reviewed documentation to see if this functionality doesn't work for these phones... I'm unable to find anything saying this shouldn't work.

Specifics of the current settings:

Line 1 - registered and functional

Line 2 - nothing displayed; no registry entries assigned to the line.

Attendant Resource List method for BLF (functions on all VVX devices above a 201 - including 250)

attendant.resourceList.1.address="5701"
attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"
attendant.resourceList.1.label="Call Park 1"

We've attempted utilizing a platform generated resource list (works across other VVX device types without issue); manually assigning keys; flexible line key assignement; etc. None have worked

What field(s) may I be missing or are we wrong that BLF functionaility is available on VVX201 or VVX150 devices?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: VVX201 and VVX150 BLF Key Configuration

I should add that this has issue has existed on all firmware we've used on our system. Currently the VVX201 is on 5.7.0.11768. We have included 5.4 and 5.5 firmware versions in our testing

Message 2 of 5
Occasional Advisor

Hi Mike,

I've the very same issue on the VVX201 with the firmware 5.6.1.

Do you know by now if this is a limitation on those models ?

Note: the BLF is not working but the speed dial is working fine.

Laure

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello @lbonis ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

In our FAQ the phones are not listed:

Nov 4, 2011 Question: How can I setup a Busy Lamp Field / BLF with an Digium Asterisk SIP Server?

Resolution: Please check => here <

I get this information added to the Admin Guide

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Advisor

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for this documentation which mention the following models:

"For VVX250, 300,301,310,311,350,400,401,410,411,450,500,501,600 and 601 the maximum number of BLF entries is 50." but doesn't mention the VVX201.

The feature "Flexible LineKey Assignement" is working fine on the VVX201 (ie https://documents.polycom.com/bundle/ucs-ag-6-1-0/page/c-ucs-ag-flexible-line-key-assignment.html).

I've also tested the following configuration on a VVX201 with the firmware 6.1.0:

<reg reg.1.callsPerLineKey="1" ... />
<lineKey lineKey.1.category="line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="BLF" lineKey.2.index="0">
<lineKey.reassignment lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"/>
</lineKey> <attendant attendant.reg="1"> <attendant.resourceList attendant.resourceList.1.address="109" attendant.resourceList.1.label="109" attendant.resourceList.1.type="normal"> </attendant.resourceList> </attendant>

But the BLF still doesn't appear.

And the VVX201's Configuration Utility doesn't allow the definition of BLF, but only line (up to 2 SIP accounts).

Can you just confirm that the VVX201 doesn't support BLF ?

(I didn't find the information in the data sheet or the administrator guide)

Thanks

Best regards,

Laure

Message 5 of 5