Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We purchased the VVX 250 phone to work with Google Voice. We realized we didn't purchase the OBi edition.

After much research and attempts, I was able to convert the phone from UC to OBi v.6.3.1.0,

I am trying to upgrade the firmware and login to the web GUI but the admin/admin password is not working. admin/456 doesnt work either. I am unable to login or update the phone. I tried doing a factory reset from boot and using the <removed by a moderator> as the password for that, and I was able to "Factory Reset" but the default admin/admin password still is not working.

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

No matter what I try, I am unable to login as admin on the phone or on the web interface via phone IP. I am at a loss. I was thinking maybe I can set the admin code via the .cfg file during provisioning but I am unable to set up the provisioning server on the phone due to no admin access.

I'm really stuck, the OBi documentation doesn't provide any assistance with this type of issue as it assumed the default admin login is admin/admin

Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello @CMaldonado ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually Poly does not support or recommend the conversion of the VVX phones from or to Obi / UC Software.

I tried to reach out to our ObiHai Team and either they or me will respond.

I do not have an ETA for this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and I appreciate you reaching out to the appropriate team.

I am a bit confused about Polycom not recommending the conversion from the UC software to the OBi software when there is documention provided by Polycom on how to convert. This is present in the documentation section of the VVX OBi edition phone on the Polycom website.

Looking at the community forum history, there was a question answered about this regarding VVX 150 and converting from UC to OBi. I will admit the response did state doing the conversion is at your own risk as you are just swapping out the sip.id file that comes in the UC Firmware download with that of the OBi edition firmware. Ultimately I was unsuccessful in getting that method via the provisioning server to work.

In the conversion documentation provided by Polycom, it provided a Custom URL that pointed to a release.xml that referenced a dead webaddress to pull the OBi firmware and so the custom URL didn't work. I had to modify the XML to point to Polycoms direct link to the OBi firmware. Doing this worked and successfully converted UC to OBi but without the expected default admin credentials in place. It's a bit weird because the official Polycom firmware was used for the install. Maybe a .cfg file was also needed in the same folder/path of the fimrware and because one was not present, a default and barebone CFG was used that didn't have the admin password line? Im just guessing here.

HP Recommended

An update for anyone who may experience this issue.

This issue is solely from connecting Google Voice Enterprise (via Gsuite Admin Console) to a VVX x50 phone. Google provisions the phone and changes the admin account. They want to deter users/admins from making any changes using the physical phone preferences and/or the phone web access.

They are planning to make available all modifiable options via the Gsuite GV Admin console as a central managememt system as opposed to managing the phone individually through the actual phone. If you reach out to the support reps, like I did, they will confirm this and offer to give you the admin password with a WARNING that changing some of these administrative options can disconnect the link between the phone and Google Voice.

I hope this helps others who are using GV Enterprise.

HP Recommended

Hello @CMaldonado ,

Thanks for providing an update and just as a reminder this is why it is important to ensure this:

Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.

This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.

As a reminder the basic information asked for:

• Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
  • Provide the Phone Model
  • Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
  • Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
  • If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question

UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package

• If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
  • If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
  • Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
  • For questions around Support please check here

Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.

At no point where we aware that you actually provisioned the phone to a Service.

Please ensure the next time to include all details and enjoy the VVX Obi Edition with Google Voice 😉

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. I have run into this exact issue with VVX 150 phones and G Suite Voice service. So far, Google has been unable to provide the new admin password, and has escalated the case. Would it be possible to obtain your case number with Google support to help them get to the root of the issue? Is the password provided by Google the same for all provisioned phones, or is it unique to each device?

We have 20 of the VVX 150 phones that we are converting from UC to OBi, per the Polycom/Google documentation, and none of them allow admin access after the firmware upgrade/provisioning. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues with the VVX250. Upgraded to Obi Edition and now none of the previous default passwords work. 456, admin, user, all do not work.

HP Recommended

For those of you who also needed to just reset the password like I did to perform an firmware update.

How to reset a Polycom VVX phone when the Admin password is lost or unknown.

https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=32151&sliceId=1&...

HP Recommended

Same issue.

I too did a factory reset without knowing the admin password.

Nothing seems to work.  Did anyone figure out how to get logged in?

The upgrade seem to work perfectly, but.... now I have a working bricked device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.