Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX300,400,600 digitmap issue

Occasional Contributor

VVX300,400,600 digitmap issue

We have noticed that with VVX300, 310, 400, 410 phones running software 4.1.4 and VVX600 phones running 4.1.2, the digitmap does not appear to be behaving as expected.  Normally when the dialed digits match any aspect of the digitmap, the digits are immediately sent.  However, what we're seeing on these phones is that if the dialed digits *potentially* match more than one aspect of the digitmap, the digits are not sent until the 3 second timer lapses.

For example, if the digitmap is "[2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" and you dial "611", since the dialed digits potentially match both pieces of the digitmap, the digits aren't sent until after the timer lapses.  If you dial a 10 digit number, the call is sent immediately as expected.

This is in contrast to our VVX500 phones running 4.0.3f (and all our old 335s, etc.), where, with the same digitmap, the call to "611" would be sent immediately because it specifically matches the "[2-9]11" portion of that digitmap.  Following is an example of the digitmap we would typically be using (and are trying to use on the new VVXs):

[2346789]11|[0-1][2-9]11|0[#T]|00|01[2-9]xx.[#T]|*xx|#xx|011x.[#T]|[0-1]xxxxxxx[#T]|[0-1][2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx[#T]|101xxxx.[#T]|[2-9]x.[#T]

Has something changed with the digitmap in 4.1.4 that's causing this to happen?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX300,400,600 digitmap issue

Hello jothdu,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have not heard about this and I would suggest strongly that you raise this straight away with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2