Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My apologies if I have posted in the wrong forum. I work in the service department of a two-way radio dealer and have a customer (Cab company) who has recently upgraded their phone system to incude a number of VVX300s. On their dispatch phones they use a headset connected to a Zetron TRHI, an interface that controls audio to either radio or the phone based on a hook indication, essentially  a short to a ground input.

I have the pinout for the RJ9 but am still trying to find out how we can work with the hook indication. I have been told that the serial port will supply this but the documentation implies more of an "EHS". Has anyone used this kind of configuration before or can point me in the right direction?

Thank you for your assistance,

Jeff Banville

Service Department

Telequip Systems Ltd

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff@TSL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The serial console is for Headset manufacturers only and we do not share details on this with End Customers.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Did you ever get this to work?

We have a turn up where the customer has a Zetron MAX radio console and they are unable to get the headset jack in the back of the polycom to signal the console to switch between radio and voip calls. I even tried hooking a snom up as a BLF to see if I could use voltage but was unsuccessful.

HP Recommended

Good afternoon Archie,

Unfortunately we also have run into this same problem with another phone system and a Zetron 911 dispatch situation as well as with one of our local cab companies (thus the previous post). It is a shame that the phone manufacturers are not either stepping up with a solution or at the vert least, helping those of us who are trying to assist the dispatchers.

As for our 911 system, we are close to getting something to work but it involves 3 relays/line/set driving a time-delay relay. Very bulky but effective. We have used the LEDs on each line to drive the relays, to give us a contact closure with the proper combination of lights.

We have tried the Algo 8180 ( I think that is the model) but for us, they keep de-registering from the system (Avaya). These might work for you. They essentially mimic the "live" phone and they supply different output options, one being a contact closure.

http://www.algosolutions.com/products/audible-and-visual-alerting/8180-sip-audio-alerter.html

Let me know.

Thanks,

Jeff

HP Recommended

Hello Jeff and all,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am quite sure there could be a solution to this but the serial console is not a publicly discussed topic or we do not release details on this in public.

I suggest you contact a Polycom sales engineer so he can start a dialog with you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.