Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX300 and Polycom Desktop Connector

Occasional Visitor

VVX300 and Polycom Desktop Connector

We recently purchased VVW 300 Polycom phones. I downloaded the PDC but computer still not communicating with phones. What do i need to do to configure the phones? The manual is no help at all - just says that the PDC has to be installed and the phones have to be configured! Called the company we purchased from (VOIP provider) and they said "we don't do that." Am looking for any help I can get. Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX300 and Polycom Desktop Connector

Hello Gallywench,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please check the UCS Admin Guide 4.1.0 on page 271 which can be found => here <=

The Feature needs to be enabled via a configuration file and your user details etc. need to be provided via the phone.

Please consult the community FAQ for any follow up questions.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem, as far as I can tell.  So far I have tried to use PDC on two different computers (both running Windows 7 64 bit) with no success.  I am currently testing with a VVX 500 and have tried firmware 4.0.2B and 4.0.4 so far.

On both computers, with either firmware, I see PolycomDesktopConnector.exe listening on UDP 2080 and TCP 24800.  The phone sends either a broadcast (if on PC port) and/or unicast (if configured with an IP or hostname) UDP packet to port 2080, but the PDC software does not seem to respond in any way.

I have ensured that the Windows Firewall has an exception for the program, I have tried turning the firewall off entirely, and I have tried running the program as Administrator.  None of these attempts got anywhere, I never get a prompt.

There is no debug log nor any other diagnostic information available from the program, so I am unable to troubleshoot further.

The only relevant entries in the phone's log follow:

0722231423|pdc |*|00|PDC feature is enabled
0722231423|pdc |*|00|PDC Client configured. Server: Port: 24800 User: Orientation 1 (size: 320 x 240)

Nothing particularly interesting there though, obviously.

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello all,

this would need to be followed up via your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Valued Contributor

Hi Sharlow

What PBX are you using? Are you able to edit the config files for the phones?

Does the desktop user have admin permissions as I have found that this can cause issues.

Also if you are able to edit the config files:

<apps.ucdesktop.adminEnabled apps.ucdesktop.adminEnabled="1" />
  <apps.ucdesktop.enabled apps.ucdesktop.enabled="1" />
  <apps.ucdesktop.ServerPort apps.ucdesktop.ServerPort="24800" />
  <apps.ucdesktop.orientation apps.ucdesktop.orientation="Left, Right OR unspecified" />
  <apps.ucdesktop.ServerAddress apps.ucdesktop.ServerAddress="ip address or FQDN of machine" />
  <apps.ucdesktop.desktopUserName apps.ucdesktop.desktopUserName="username of desktop" />

Also keep an eye out for a message on the phone asking to pair with the desktop....

Cheers

Dave

Message 5 of 5