Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I believe this is an RJ9 port. I have a headset that is clearly an RJ45 port and I assume that if I can find an RJ9 to RJ45 cable this will work fine. Can anyone confirm this please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @WolfR1der,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Oct 19, 2011 Question: What type of Headset's and cables are compatible with my Phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above is only a guideline as it is impossible for us to test every headset. Many headset manufacturers offer the right RJ9 adapter so you can connect this to a Polycom phone.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I've already bought the headset and it's sitting on my desk so looking at a list of what's compatible isn't an option. I've got it plugged into my PC via USB and using the Vonage Desktop app but it would be nice if I didn't need the app and could just use my phone.

So what I'm understanding is that I just have to try out an RJ9 to RJ45 adapter and hope it works?

HP Recommended
It’s weird, I hooked a regular cordless phone up to my VVX 310 and used the. Cord to the hard set, and connected it to the cordless base and then to the headset jack in the back on the phone, I had to turn all the volumes all the way up and have the phone on headset mode (flashing) but it actually does work, I just can’t call thru the cordless which kinda sucks, but oh well.
HP Recommended

Hello Aaronharr@me.com,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This would never work as a handset or headset port never delivers the same signal as a PSTN line.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.