Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Team

I have VVX 301 and VVX 501 polycom phones in my network. I am using option 144 to send the vlan information. 

option polycom_vlan code 144 = text;

option polycom_server code 160 = text;

Is there any way I can force the phones to remember the vlan and ip address info it got before?  Every time the link flaps or phone reboots, phone starts with an untagged DHCP Discover message. 

CDP/LLDP are not enabled on the switchport to which phone is connected. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @yagna ,

We already have release 6.3.0, 6.2.0 and 6.1.2 so I suggest you check your current software.

In regards the loss of VLAN if the actual network is dropped and we cannot reach the DHCP server then I assume the only way to "retain" this information would be a manual IP address/VLAN.

You can easily set this up using a local provisioning server.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @yagna ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

It's rather unusual as the phone simply should retain what it has gotten via DHCP.

Jul 10, 2013 Question: How can I use VLAN's with Polycom phones?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post shows how this is set up correctly and it would be of interest why the phone would lose the link as this is not "normal" in a correct setup network.

It would also be of interest what Software version you are running on these phones.

Troubleshooting IP issues:

Jul 31, 2020 Question: How can I troubleshoot a phone not getting an IP or DHCP issues?

Resolution: Try a manual IP => here <= or for DHCP logging check >here< and check LLDP or CDP => here <=

or look at hardcoding these Values:

Mar 08, 2013 Question: Where can I download configuration files from or create these myself?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thank you for your reply. I want to confirm if IP/vlan info is retained. 

Please find the software version below.

Firmware Revision TLV: "UP/6.0.0.4604/10-Apr-19 04:24"
Software Revision TLV: "SIP/6.0.0.4796/10-Apr-19 03:00"

Link flaps can happen because of bad cables/some other issues. power off/on scenario is during access switch upgrade etc. I was just wondering if it can retain the old data(vlan) and try to get IP address in same vlan.

Best Regards

Yagna

HP Recommended

Hello @yagna ,

We already have release 6.3.0, 6.2.0 and 6.1.2 so I suggest you check your current software.

In regards the loss of VLAN if the actual network is dropped and we cannot reach the DHCP server then I assume the only way to "retain" this information would be a manual IP address/VLAN.

You can easily set this up using a local provisioning server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Thanks for the update. 

We will try to upgrade the software. We will look into the options suggested by you. 

Best Regards

Yagna

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.