Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello. I have a very good working template for the vvx310. I am now trying to use the lineKey.reassignment.enabled=1 feature. In my features.cfg file I have added the following at the very bottom (because upon much searching and looking in all the UC software downloads from 4.1 to 5.3 I couild not find an example of linekey.reassignment in any features.cfg template)

Up at the top I have my line config and the following attendent config which creates my BLF.

<attendant
   attendant.reg="1"
   attendant.ringType="ringer1"
   attendant.uri=""
   attendant.resourceList.1.address=""
   attendant.resourceList.1.label=""
   attendant.resourceList.1.type="line"
   attendant.resourceList.2.address="sip:1110@10.20.90.3"
   attendant.resourceList.2.label="HS Principal"
   attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata"

So I have put the following at the very bottom of features.cfg:

<lineKey
lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1"
lineKey.1.category="Line"
lineKey.1.index="1"
lineKey.2.category="BLF"
lineKey.2.index="0"
lineKey.3.category="SpeedDial"
lineKey.3.index="17"
lineKey.4.category="SpeedDial"
lineKey.4.index="18"
lineKey.5.category="SpeedDial"
lineKey.5.index="20"
lineKey.6.category="SpeedDial"
lineKey.6.index="19"
/>
</polycomConfig>
(the file ends with  </polycomConfig>

. I didnt know where to put the lineKey part so I just added it to the end of the file. If this is wrong please correct me.

This results in line 1 (showing up fine) one blank BLF next (shows up just blank for line 2) and the speed dials all fill in as expected with the above config.

If I switch all the linkeys above to speeddials they all show up perfect.

If I switch all the linkeys above to type BLF with index 0 the BLF shows up fine and the rest are blank as expected (because I only have one attendant configured above.

If, after I switch ALL linekeys above to BLF, update the phone (the BLF shows fine as described above) then I edit the config and set the 2nd to BLF and the rest to speeddial, reboot phone... they ALL then show correct. I get my BLF as I wanted and I get the rest as Speeddials as expected. This happens in 4.1.X through 5.3.0? This is for the vvx310.

Is it not supported to mix BLF and Speeddials on a vvx310 when doing linekey assignments? Im probably just doing something horribly wrong but it does work if all our BLF or all are type speeddial just doesnt work if I mix the two unless I do the song and dance as described above (pain). Thanks for any help!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended
Hello

Please check the FAQ for this post here:

Jan 12, 2012 Question: Can I change / re-assign the appearance of Line, BLF, Speed Dial and Presence Keys?
Resolution: Please check => here <=

Replied from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply! While I had read that I just re-read it and caught the blurb about how on the vvx models this feature is only supported on the expansion modules. I assume those are the sidecars? If you enable the feature with an expansion module it still locks down the phones line keys too, though, forcing you to attempt to manually assign those to line keys or blf, speeddial etc. if you dont then the phone line keys are just blank. Im just confirming that this is what you were trying to point out. That its only supported on the vvx expansion modules and when enabled its not going to work correctly on the phone because I did get it to work (kind of) just glitchy. Otherwise my config pasted above matches what that article instructs but doesnt behave that way and the instructions show vvx models as examples when (as states before) they say earlier in that link that they are only supported on the expansion modules. So I guess Im still a bit confused. Thanks for any further clarification!
HP Recommended
Hello

The FAQ post clearly shows the main phone screen and also an example including the expansion module. You can change any key. I am unaware why your first attendant configuration is empty and the second one is populated.

You only define the attendant you want to use and in addition one line. The FAQ example 1 shows one line, three BLFs and a speed dial.

You would simply use this example with 1 BLFs only and the speed dial matching the favourite number you want to appear.

If the FAQ and other posts discussing this within the community are not helpful enough please work with your Polycom reseller on getting support from them or they can raise a case with Polycom support for you.

Replied via a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. Yes due to the odd nature of the issue I will open a web ticket. Thank you again for the feedback.
HP Recommended

To me it looks like your linekey XML child element structure is incorrect

From what you posted you did not create linekey reassignment enabled  as a child to linekey nor did you properly close the linkekey element.

See below example..

<lineKey lineKey.1.category="Line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="Line" lineKey.2.index="1" lineKey.3.category="BLF" lineKey.3.index="0" lineKey.4.category="BLF" lineKey.4.index="0" lineKey.5.category="BLF" lineKey.5.index="0" lineKey.6.category="BLF" lineKey.6.index="0" lineKey.7.category="BLF" lineKey.7.index="0" lineKey.8.category="BLF" lineKey.8.index="0" lineKey.9.category="BLF" lineKey.9.index="0" lineKey.10.category="BLF" lineKey.10.index="0" lineKey.11.category="BLF" lineKey.11.index="0" lineKey.12.category="BLF" lineKey.12.index="0">
<lineKey.reassignment lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" />
</lineKey>
HP Recommended

Thank you for noticing those errors. Unfortunately fixing them did not fix the problem. Behavior is still the same as explained in my first post. Thanks again.

HP Recommended
Hello

Did you open a ticket as previosely stated ?

If yes can you please share the ticket reference?

Replied from a mobile device

HP Recommended

Yes here is the ticket: Service Request Number 1-1204516011 was successfully created

thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello joshrr,

Thanks for opening the ticket yesterday but as an End User you must go via your Polycom reseller.

In this case for the VVX310 purchased back in December 2014 the Reseller for your first level Support is SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS.

Please work with SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS on this and they can raise a support ticket for yourself.

Stating the above you should also double check the configuration you are using. As an example:

attendant.resourceList.1.address=""
   attendant.resourceList.1.label=""
   attendant.resourceList.1.type="line"

For the attendant.resourceList.x.type parameter there is only normal or automata as a valid setting. Line is not a valid setting.

In addition you are neither defining an address or a label so the 3 Parameters together make no sense at all.

• There is a Flexible Line Key FAQ post => here <= that explains the FLK side in detail.

• There is also an BLF post => here <= which has examples.

I suggest you scrap your whole configuration and start from scratch with a basic 1x line and a few Speed Dials.

Then you can start adding the BLF into there.

Change the:

attendant.resourceList.2.address="sip:1110@10.20.90.3"
   attendant.resourceList.2.label="HS Principal"
   attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata"

into

attendant.resourceList.1.address="sip:1110@10.20.90.3"
   attendant.resourceList.1.label="HS Principal"
   attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"

and remove

lineKey.2.index="0"

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.