Hello. I have a very good working template for the vvx310. I am now trying to use the lineKey.reassignment.enabled=1 feature. In my features.cfg file I have added the following at the very bottom (because upon much searching and looking in all the UC software downloads from 4.1 to 5.3 I couild not find an example of linekey.reassignment in any features.cfg template)
Up at the top I have my line config and the following attendent config which creates my BLF.
<attendant attendant.reg="1" attendant.ringType="ringer1" attendant.uri="" attendant.resourceList.1.address="" attendant.resourceList.1.label="" attendant.resourceList.1.type="line" attendant.resourceList.2.address="sip:email@example.com" attendant.resourceList.2.label="HS Principal" attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata" ...
So I have put the following at the very bottom of features.cfg:
<lineKey lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" lineKey.1.category="Line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="BLF" lineKey.2.index="0" lineKey.3.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.3.index="17" lineKey.4.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.4.index="18" lineKey.5.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.5.index="20" lineKey.6.category="SpeedDial" lineKey.6.index="19" /> </polycomConfig> (the file ends with </polycomConfig>
. I didnt know where to put the lineKey part so I just added it to the end of the file. If this is wrong please correct me.
This results in line 1 (showing up fine) one blank BLF next (shows up just blank for line 2) and the speed dials all fill in as expected with the above config.
If I switch all the linkeys above to speeddials they all show up perfect.
If I switch all the linkeys above to type BLF with index 0 the BLF shows up fine and the rest are blank as expected (because I only have one attendant configured above.
If, after I switch ALL linekeys above to BLF, update the phone (the BLF shows fine as described above) then I edit the config and set the 2nd to BLF and the rest to speeddial, reboot phone... they ALL then show correct. I get my BLF as I wanted and I get the rest as Speeddials as expected. This happens in 4.1.X through 5.3.0? This is for the vvx310.
Is it not supported to mix BLF and Speeddials on a vvx310 when doing linekey assignments? Im probably just doing something horribly wrong but it does work if all our BLF or all are type speeddial just doesnt work if I mix the two unless I do the song and dance as described above (pain). Thanks for any help!!!!
To me it looks like your linekey XML child element structure is incorrect
From what you posted you did not create linekey reassignment enabled as a child to linekey nor did you properly close the linkekey element.
See below example..
<lineKey lineKey.1.category="Line" lineKey.1.index="1" lineKey.2.category="Line" lineKey.2.index="1" lineKey.3.category="BLF" lineKey.3.index="0" lineKey.4.category="BLF" lineKey.4.index="0" lineKey.5.category="BLF" lineKey.5.index="0" lineKey.6.category="BLF" lineKey.6.index="0" lineKey.7.category="BLF" lineKey.7.index="0" lineKey.8.category="BLF" lineKey.8.index="0" lineKey.9.category="BLF" lineKey.9.index="0" lineKey.10.category="BLF" lineKey.10.index="0" lineKey.11.category="BLF" lineKey.11.index="0" lineKey.12.category="BLF" lineKey.12.index="0"> <lineKey.reassignment lineKey.reassignment.enabled="1" /> </lineKey>
Thank you for noticing those errors. Unfortunately fixing them did not fix the problem. Behavior is still the same as explained in my first post. Thanks again.
Yes here is the ticket: Service Request Number 1-1204516011 was successfully created
Thanks for opening the ticket yesterday but as an End User you must go via your Polycom reseller.
In this case for the VVX310 purchased back in December 2014 the Reseller for your first level Support is SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS.
Please work with SCANSOURCE COMMUNICATIONS on this and they can raise a support ticket for yourself.
Stating the above you should also double check the configuration you are using. As an example:
attendant.resourceList.1.address="" attendant.resourceList.1.label="" attendant.resourceList.1.type="line"
For the attendant.resourceList.x.type parameter there is only normal or automata as a valid setting. Line is not a valid setting.
In addition you are neither defining an address or a label so the 3 Parameters together make no sense at all.
I suggest you scrap your whole configuration and start from scratch with a basic 1x line and a few Speed Dials.
Then you can start adding the BLF into there.
0.3" attendant.resourceList.2.label="HS Principal" attendant.resourceList.2.type="automata"
0.3" attendant.resourceList.1.label="HS Principal" attendant.resourceList.1.type="automata"
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services