Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have one of the new VVX350 OBi editions.   The OBiTalk portal will register them and will also load the Google Voice settings, but these phones seem to fail connecting.   They get the result: "Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=216.239.36.144"

On the surface, it would appear that the OBi settings are effectively the same as the older OBiHai devices that are working.  

Software version is: 6.3.0.0

Any ideas or pointers on where to troubleshoot?  

Only thing I see in syslog that seems odd is a broken connection, but after a 403 not sure that's really odd:

VVX350: TLS-EXT Hostname:deskphone.telephony.goog

VVX350: TCP:Connect OK(spreg)60

VVX350: Trying to connect ssl

VVX350: TC:ssl connected

VVX350: REG:HandleTcpEvent 2;wc=1

VVX350: TCP:Broken Connection(spreg) 60 -1

VVX350: REG:HandleTcpEvent 3;wc=0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Res ,

I double checked with the Product Manager on this and the ability to add the VVX to the Google Voice Platform is an error.

The VVX series running the ObiEdition software are not able to sign into Google Voice. This is a limitation on this platform and any other "older" ObiHai ATA or Phone should work.

We are removing the option for the VVX's from the ObiTalk portal.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @Res ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

ObiHai has its own forum here: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/

Please for now post ObiHai related questions there.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
The ObiTalk community doesn’t have anyone from ObiTalk ever respond. I did open an official support ticket with them but it’s been over a week and nobody there has responded. Also, the issue doesn’t appear to be technically with ObiTalk but this Polycom VVX 350’s ability to use it.

I would add that in the ticket, none of these Polycom phones are specifically listed to open an issue against.

Despite ObiTalk being a Polycom owned company and this being your phone, I don’t seem to be able to navigate where I can get someone to actually try and troubleshoot what is being advertised as a solution that should work. I suspect that something about these phones are actually being blocked by the ObiTalk platform, but seems like that shouldn’t happen since Polycom advertises that with this Obi firmware the solution works.
HP Recommended

Hello @Res ,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

This Polycom community covers Polycom Products that are not running the ObiHai software. This is run by volunteers as outlined here:

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

As you already raised this with the ObiHai support team I would suggest to wait.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello @Res ,

I double checked with the Product Manager on this and the ability to add the VVX to the Google Voice Platform is an error.

The VVX series running the ObiEdition software are not able to sign into Google Voice. This is a limitation on this platform and any other "older" ObiHai ATA or Phone should work.

We are removing the option for the VVX's from the ObiTalk portal.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
Thank you. Disappointing, given that the marketing materials and even the VVX OBi Edition user guide (p14, p19) references Google Voice capability but it seems that it isn’t supported.

Appreciate your help. Hopefully the implication is that it will be added at some point.
HP Recommended

Hello @Res ,

most likely this is something we copied & pasted by accident from another model or guide. We should have removed this by the time we publish the next 6.3.1 release and guide.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I just wanted to see if there are any updates on this issue.  I am also having the same exact problem with my VVX 250 Obi  Edition.  From what I understand, towards the end of March 2019 Google certified this series of phones to work with Google Voice?

HP Recommended

Hello @pdinka ,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Once this is officially supported I will post this information.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.