Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

We have some customers using VVX400s.

After putting the phone on DND mode using the button below the screen, and then disabling DND the same way, the status will keep saying "My Status: Do Not Disturb" on the top of the screen.

It's not actually in DND mode, the phone will ring, and calls can be taken, but it's causing confusion for our users.

The only way to remove the DND status message is to reboot the phone.

The phones are using application 4.1.4A, from March 20.

I downloaded the firmware again, but there is not a newer version. Are there plans to release an updated version of the application soon?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

4.1.5 has now been released.

I've updated a couple of phones, and we're testing to see if the issue is resolved.

HP Recommended

After updating to 4.1.5, this issue is still occurring.

Just to make sure the issue is clear, the phone isn't actually in a DND state, it accepts calls and rings, however on the screen, it says "My Status: Do Not Disturb", when DND is not activated.

HP Recommended
Please raise this with support.

Posted from a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have noticed this too, but it is not every time.

You can remove the My Status DND via HOME -> Settings -> Features -> Presence -> My Status.

I am not even sure what these Presence features are for, they do not work with Asterisk, so it must be some other UCS platform. It would be nice if they could be disabled, but presence is required for BLF functionality.

HP Recommended

@TylerCMS wrote:

I have noticed this too, but it is not every time.

You can remove the My Status DND via HOME -> Settings -> Features -> Presence -> My Status.

I am not even sure what these Presence features are for, they do not work with Asterisk, so it must be some other UCS platform. It would be nice if they could be disabled, but presence is required for BLF functionality.

Hello all,

can we clarify a few things first.

Using a vanilla configuration and pressing the DND Soft Key simply toggles between the Date and a DND Icon. No text is displayed as mentioned above.

• BLF does not require the presence functionality and is described within the community FAQ => here <=

• Buddy watch does require the presence functionality and is described within the community FAQ => here <=

If the phone is configured for presence and the Do not disturb functionality has been activated via:

More Softkey => My Status => Do not disturb then the Message will appear on the top of the Phone in idle mode.

If this is set back to online using the same steps as above the message will disappear.

The DND Softkey or Menu => Settings => Features => Do not disturb is a completely different functionality.

Mixing both functionalities may cause what you are describing and should be reported as initially responded.

If Buddy watch is used and if the server supports the notify messages then the Phones will send a SIP Notify message to the server / monitoring phone when the status changes.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

This was still an issue in firmware 5.0.0, but after updating some phones to 5.0.1, this appears to be resolved, and DND works properly. I'll update if I see this issue occurs again.

To replicate it with < 5.0.1, we found that if your status is set to normal and you switch your phone to DND, the My Status does not change at all, you then take DND off and everything is still fine.

The only time that the My Status:DND turns on, is if you pick up the receiver while you are on DND.

The My Status seems to reflect the Presence setting of the phone. Since you can go in Home -> Settings -> Features - Presence -> My Status, and modify it manually from there.

HP Recommended

Hello all,

the 5.0.1 Release notes may have missed this but the UCS 4.1.6 list this as:

• 88043/88008 The phone now successfully changes the state from Do Not Disturb to Available when the user changes his/her state by pressing the DND soft key.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Polycom,

This issue is still happening in version UC 5.2.4 when the following settings are enabled:

voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.dnd="1"
voIpProt.SIP.serverFeatureControl.localProcessing.dnd="1"

To reproduce the issue follow these steps:

1. Put the phone on DND

2. Dial an extension and let the phone ring, then hang up. No need to terminate the call

3. Disable DND

After taking these steps the phone still displays, "My Status: Do Not Disturb" when cycling through the date.

Please let me know if you need any captures or logs.

Thank you,

Brion

HP Recommended

Hello bstauch,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please go ahead and escalate this via your Polycom reseller. If you struggle to identify the reseller please provide a phones MAC address so I can point you in the right direction.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.