Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We're in the process of replacing our Avaya system/handsets (IP 9650's) with Polycom VVX 400 models and currently investigating the 'headset' mode/feature of the Polycom.

Currently with our Avaya handsets, we have a wireless headset connected (without a lifter or EHS) and are able to define within the Avaya settings that the Headset is the default audio path. Therefore unless the consultant uses the physical handset or speaker phone, a new incoming call will always go to the headset path. Then if they do use the physical handset or speaker, any new call will still follow the default Audio Path defined and go to the Headset.

Upon investigating the Polycom handset, it appears the only 'similar' option we've got is the 'Headset Memory Mode', where the consultant has to double press the Headset button to make it the default audio path (to remember to use the Headset).

However - as soon as the consultant uses the physical handset or speakerphone, it "forgets" the headset and defaults back to speakerphone. The consultant then has to remember to double press the Headset button again for the audio path to default to the Headset.

Additionally, with the 'Headset Memory Mode' active, the headset light flashes (which I've read is by design) - however it's causing confusion as a flashing light on the phone usually indicates an incoming call or some form of action required.

Therefore, my questions are:

1. Is there any way of setting a default audio path to be the Headset without consultant intervention

2. Is there any way of stopping the Headset button/light flashing when Headset Memory Mode is active

Thanks in advance,

Jeff.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Headset parameter would be:

<web up.headsetMode=”1"  />

From the Admin Guide:

• If 0, handsfree mode is used by default instead of the handset. 
  • If 1, the headset is used as the preferred audio mode after the headset key is pressed for the first time, until the headset key is pressed again.

In order to get all sound effects (like ringers, pages, MWI beeps, etc)  you would need in addition:

<web se.destination=”headset” />

For your second question there is no Parameter to change the flashing headset key and you would need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise this as a feature request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The Headset parameter would be:

<web up.headsetMode=”1"  />

From the Admin Guide:

• If 0, handsfree mode is used by default instead of the handset. 
  • If 1, the headset is used as the preferred audio mode after the headset key is pressed for the first time, until the headset key is pressed again.

In order to get all sound effects (like ringers, pages, MWI beeps, etc)  you would need in addition:

<web se.destination=”headset” />

For your second question there is no Parameter to change the flashing headset key and you would need to work with your Polycom reseller to raise this as a feature request.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Many thanks for the information. We're still learning all about the Polycom's so appreciate the assistance.

I'll look into how to raise the Feature Request.

Cheers,

Jeff.

HP Recommended

Hello Jeff,

One of my colleagues hat a look at our source code and found:

<web ind.pattern.flashSlow.step.1.state="0" />

Adding the above to your configuration will disable the slow flashing.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks! That configuration does stop the slow flashing by turning off the Headset button light (so it's not illuminated at all). 

Are you (or your colleague) able to advise whether there's an option to still stop the slow flashing but have the Headset button light illuminated (solid on)?

Cheers,

Jeff.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.