Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have been trying to get my Color Expansion Module to work for 2 days without any luck.

I have a VVX400 running UC 5.1.1.2986

The Expansion module does not show up in the phones GUI as per the admin guide.  I should see EM1. 

So I am unable to assign the keys for BLF, speed dial etc.

As it stands now, each new key assigned is configured in succession on the phone.  I would need to an 8th key in order for this key to show up on the EM.  I have no ability to assign the EM keys like I could with any Yealink.

Has anyone gotten this to work other than configuring CFG files?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hello undivided

Only the paper white module will show up in the web interface

Replied via a mobile device
------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you very much 🙂

Will the Paperwhite module also allow me to configure specific keys on the expansion module?  Or will it overflow like the color module?

HP Recommended

Hello undivided,

The paperwhite and the color module are the same so the automatic assignement is using the same concept.

UCS 5.1.1 added auto paging or you can use flexible line key assignement in order to allign keys to your liking  (please check the admin guide or FAQ for more details) 

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

So are you telling that I do not have the ability to see the key configuration on the phone's Web GUI? I have the latest firmware on the phone now(5.1.x). And what is a paper white module? 

HP Recommended

Hello Naiju Abraham,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The "Paper" Expansion module simply has the lack of the LCD display which the color module has.

Details for both versions can be found => here <=

Only the paper module shows on the Web Interface in order to print the relevant labels once configured via configuration files.

You are able to configure keys via Utilities > Line Key Configuration on the VVX Web Interface to some extend. The rest is via a configuration file.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I bought 3x color module extensions and connected them to our VVX 400 phones. I can see the EM1 referenced in the phone setup menu but not on the web interface. How am I supposed to configure my keys.

Please help

Thanks

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Only the paper module shows on the Web Interface in order to print the relevant labels once configured via configuration files.

You are able to configure keys via Utilities > Line Key Configuration on the VVX Web Interface to some extend. The rest is via a configuration file.

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Hello,

the above was already answered back in 2014.

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.