Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX400 not acquiring DHCP address, Fixed IP no communication

Occasional Visitor

VVX400 not acquiring DHCP address, Fixed IP no communication

Hello,

I have recently decided to try out Polycom phones and have avquired a VVX400 for testing. I have placed it on my network and I cannot get it to

#1. Acquire a DHCP address and

#2. If I put in a fixed IP address it will not communicate with the network, nor can I ping it or get to the web interface.

#3. Time/date out of sync constantly shows on screen

#4. I have tried to ping and trace route from the phone and anything I try fails.

** I am not trying to provision it, I want to set it up manually first via the web interface.

Details:

Network: Meraki MX64 Security Appliance

Cisco SG200-26p switch

Cat5e cables, all fluke certified

All systems on network function correctly

Phone details:

Mac: 00:04:f2:c4:a6:e7

No provisioning server on LAN

SIP through Telnyx

PBX will be via Kerio Operator

I have tried:

- Keeping phone on the default VLAN (1)

- Creating another VLAN 100 for VOICE

- Changing FTP server to 0.0.0.0

- Changing Boot Server to Static

GOAL

#1. I want to be able to get in on the network with a DHCP address if possible

#2. Be able to ping to and from the phone

#3. Be able to login to the web page of the phone to set it up manually.

Thank you for your help, this is very frustrating not being able to get a simple network device connected to the network

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Advisor

Re: VVX400 not acquiring DHCP address, Fixed IP no communication

What is providing DHCP for your other network devices now?

Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX400 not acquiring DHCP address, Fixed IP no communication

Hello TheSignalCo

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Did you purchase this phone brand new or is this a used phone?

Our records show that NETXUSA sold this phone back in 12/08/2015 so maybe you purchased a defective used phone?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 3 of 3