Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Recently we have been having issues with the VVX400 negotiating a link on a POE switch. When pulled out of the box and plugged into a POE switch the VVX400 will not negotiate a link unless I manually configure the port on the switch/phone to locked 100 full. I have attached picture showing the software version currently loaded on a working phone and a non-working phone. If blank the versions are the same. This is a serious issue affecting multible customers and no-one from Polycom, the switch manufacturer or PBX provider has any information. Has anyone seen this or heard of this problem before?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

To add to this we can replace the phone with a VVX410 and the link auto-negotiates as normal. Againg this is happening out of the box with the switch and the phone so no config are built.

HP Recommended

Hello pbettinger,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You mention Polycom not knowing this issue instigating that you are already working with our support team. if this is the case do you have a case number ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I do not have a case number. I called inot support and spoke with someone directly. He explained the the problem had to be with the switch manufacturer but this has happened on Extreme and Cisco POE 10/100/1000 switches.

HP Recommended

Hello pbettinger,

we really need to track this internally and therefore a case must be raised. 

Please follow this up and provide all details as manufacturing details of some sample units and your switch configuration used.

You may be advised to setup certain logging levels and try to replicate this to fail and then work so the phone can upload its logs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have attached an image regarding the VVX400 firmware of a working and non-working phone in the original post. Like I said there is no config as these are pulled directly out of the box new. As far as the switches we use Extreme Summti x430 and 440 POE switches. We have been implementing this setup for a year and only recently have been discovering the problem. The switch config and software has not changed as this requires a manual update. Please let me know if you can create a case or if I need to go through the support chain to create a case.

HP Recommended

Hello pbettinger,

I cannot open a case for you and you will need to raise this most likely via your Polycom reseller.

We require the switch configuration in order to then attempt to replicate this in our lab once all details have been collected.

Are all of the Ethernet cables you are using 8 wires aka fully 4 pairs ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Yes all cables are standard cat-6, cat-5 4 pair. I have the config along with any info needed. Please let me know if I can send that directly to you. Being a public portal I do not want to upload here.

HP Recommended

Hello pbettinger,

as prior repliad I cannot open a case for you and you will need to raise this most likely via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Moved to partner support (Case ID Number assigned: 00135809)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.