Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All, thank you in advance for any help.

We have come back in to our offices after a week off and this issue has come up randomly.

In a nut shell we have approx. 10no VVX400 phones.  There is 1 reception phone that all the calls come through and a call queue that travels around another 4 on a loop until someone answers.  When the receptionist is on a call and either of the other 4 phones were ringing then were used to be able to answer the other phones by simply pressing the BLF key that was flashing/ringing (even if you werent in the group of 4 yourself) but for some reason this has stopped working.  Can anyone help?

Thomas

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @ThomasAO ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

Both the communities Must Read First and the FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow-up post should contain.

I suggest you make yourself familiar with the minimum info you should provide and update this post.

Please include as many details as possible and also if you already contacted who installed the phones on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Can you link me to these please @SteffenBaierUK ?  i can only see the Community User Guidelines and Community Terms of Use) - not the ones you refer to.

HP Recommended

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
  • Software version 5.6.0.20009
  • VVX 400
  • Call platform - unsure
  • MAC Address - 00:04:F2:C5:f0:83
  • Issue below has only occurred since returning to the office after a week off with no updates to have occurred.

In a nut shell we have approx. 10no VVX400 phones.  There is 1 reception phone that all the calls come through and a call queue that travels around another 4 on a loop until someone answers.  When the receptionist is on a call and either of the other 4 phones were ringing then were used to be able to answer the other phones by simply pressing the Line key that was flashing/ringing (even if you werent in the group of 4 yourself) but for some reason this has stopped working.  Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Hello @ThomasAO ,

Without knowing who is the provider or who set this up there is not much hope for people in the community to try and help. Do you even have access to the Admin site of things on the phone?

The volunteers in the community would need to see some logs of the phone

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP-related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

I would focus to find out who supplies the service to the phones and work with their support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Apologies Steffen, the guy that used to deal with all our phone stuff left the company recently and the boss didnt bother to set anyone up to deal with it so landed it in my lap.

Tthe line keys work ok, as i contact the other lines and you can pick them up from any location once the initial call has been answered and placed on hold.  It is literally just that first answer of a new call coming into the office

Apologies for being so vague i though the phone itself would be a general thing more so than being as complication as you indicate.  i do have access to the admin portal as a super admin.  It is on BT Cloudphone portal/Ring Central if that is of any help

HP Recommended

Hello @ThomasAO ,

Contact them as they would know how to fix this. The Software you are running is ancient so I would work on this as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.