Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

There is a red triangle in the top right of the phone that wont go away since I have upgraded to 5.4.2 from 5.3.xx. Previously, this was due to having the default password or invalid exchange credentials.

I have checked both. I am able to view my exchange calendar via the phone menus and I still get calendar alerts. My provisioning file by default changes the default password to something else, but I even attempted to change the password again, but the message still comes up.

I've checked in the app and boot logs and I dont see any indication of any errors. Is there a menu somewhere that would explain the reason this red error icon shows up?

{PS} The newest firmware update seems to have also broken Buddy Watch with Asterisk. All of the Buddies show up as grey. I went through this when upgrading to 5.3 a few months ago, and a fix was released in the latest version of the 5.3 track. 5.4 seems to have brought those bugs back.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello TylerCMS

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Menu => Settings => Status => Diagnostic => Warnings

This would be another case for our Support team. Please open a case via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Great thanks for the tip.

Ended up being a message saying D60 profile was disabled due to an expansion module being installed.

HP Recommended

Hello TylerCMS

we are tracking this warning internally as VESC-5961 just in case you are raising a ticket.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi TylesCMS,

I can confirm I also have problem with my DTMF since I updated to 5.4.2 and Asterisk 11.X. When I reboot the phone, all the BLF are grey. I have to press them one by one and after they start working as expected.

HP Recommended

Hello DavidG,

The discussion within this topic is about a warning message in regards the future D60 feature.

At no point have we discussed any DTMF issues or an issue with the expansion module.

I had asked you in the past to follow up your own posts => here <= via your Polycom reseller but to my knowledge have not done so.

Unfortunately many users decide to not follow this up the officially outlined way and therefore depriving other users and Polycom support to fix any issues if they exist.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended
Hi Steffen,

I had a typo, I mean BLF not DTMF. If you check the first post of TylerCMS, at the end he's saying that his BLF are also broken. You overlooked this part of his post and I just wanted to tell him that he his not alone. There is for sure an BLF issue with 5.4.2 with Asterisk. I Think this discussion is about red triangle and BLF issue.

HP Recommended

Hello DavidG,

I overlooked this and the reference VESC-5961 is for the warning triangle issue only.

In regards to any Buddy Watch or BLF issues (which are different methods) a case must be raised via your Polycom reseller as we need to track the exact setup etc.

Please go ahead, as advised in the past, and follow this up.

Mar 8, 2012 Question: What kind of support should I expect from the Community?
Clarification: Please check => here <=

The above FAQ post explains the reasons for this in detail.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi TylerCMS,

THe BLF issue is fixed in 5.4.3. The issue number was VOIP-113015 as per the Release Notes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.