Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX410 Paging option dispears when on a phone line.

Occasional Advisor

VVX410 Paging option dispears when on a phone line.

Hey I have the VVX410 using the latest firmware version of the UC software page.

The phone has the paging option enable, but once a call is made or a call is received the paging button dispear while being on the phone line.

Why is that, what if I need to page somebody to see if they are available to take the call while I put on hold the other person.

Basically those are my softphone keys option when not on the phone/line:

New calls/directory/Paging/More/Redirect call/dnd/ MY STATUS/ more/ friends

when I am on the phone:

Hold/Terminate call/transfer/more/conf/lines

Would it still be possible to have the paging option when on a phone line?

Thanks,

Bumbaa

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX410 Paging option dispears when on a phone line.

Hello Bumbaa,

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Jan 21, 2014 Question: How can I use PTT / Push To Talk / Paging / Page ?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

The above contains this:

• In order to customize the availability of the Page functionality for other call scenarios please check the Soft Key Example 5 => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 6
Occasional Advisor

Thanks,I'lll make sure to look better. But now I have an other problem, my phone is in french mode and page is "Recherche de person", but when I put that in the softkey.6.label="Recherche de personne" it is too long and does not display.

I tried to use a Macro for the name should it would name it for me in the correct language  but it did not work:

Like this:

softkey.6.label="{$page}"

What is the macro so it names it automatically for me?

Thanks,

Bumbaa

Message 3 of 6
Occasional Advisor

Bump

Message 4 of 6

Please do not Bump a post

If anyone has anything to reply they will do

Replied via a mobile device

Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 5 of 6

Hello Bumbaa,

The Softkey.x. label is a free text so you can call it what you like.

You could work with the efk.efklist parameter but still would need to set a manual label.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Message 6 of 6