Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

After the "off hours" period ends, the VVX410 display will turn back on, but only when a key is pressed or call comes in.

The display does not automatically turn on after "off hours" ends. 

Is this the normal/expected behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello mwoffenden,

I checked with Engineering and there is currently no functionality to wake the device up at the set time. Once the power save is enabled and the original Office hours have expired the display stays dimmed until human interaction happens.

The display will then stay alive during the office hours until the end of office hours.

If you seek a change to this please work with a Polycom Sales Engineer via your Polycom reseller and quote VESC-5297

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello mwoffenden,,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could you kindly mark your other post as Solution provided as this indicates to other users that a solution was provided.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First: Welcome to the Polycom VoIP Forum"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Steffan,

I don't see an answer to my question in your post.  Am I missing something?

Michael

HP Recommended

Hello Michael,

I believe I provided you with a solution => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

That solution is for a different problem (EFK).

I am asking about: VVX410 display not turning on after "off hours" ends.

HP Recommended

@SteffenBaierUK wrote:

Hello mwoffenden,,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Could you kindly mark your other post as Solution provided as this indicates to other users that a solution was provided.

Hello Michael,

this is why I asked you to mark your "other" older post as solution provided. This way users can find the other post quicker and this also encourages community members to answer more post's.

If user keep asking new questions without following or marking older posts users and moderators may be less inclined to answer new posts from the same user.

This is stated in my signature in addition.

For your new post you are lacking basic information like the software version you are using at present.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.  Marked the other post as solution.

Here are the phone details:

• Phone Model     VVX 410
  • Part Number     3111-46162-001 Rev:A
  • UC Software Version     5.1.1.2986
  • Updater Version     5.3.1.2939
HP Recommended

Hello mwoffenden,

I checked with Engineering and there is currently no functionality to wake the device up at the set time. Once the power save is enabled and the original Office hours have expired the display stays dimmed until human interaction happens.

The display will then stay alive during the office hours until the end of office hours.

If you seek a change to this please work with a Polycom Sales Engineer via your Polycom reseller and quote VESC-5297

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.