Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our environment consists of Lync 2013 Standard with Sonus SBC1000 and all VVX410 handsets registered to SBA. Our phones are on the latest firmware, latest BTOE and Lync Cient 2013.

We are seeing numerous cases at our site were a user will make a call (internal or external) and as soon as they hit dial, the phone will freeze and not respond to any input. About 10 seconds later any commands the user entered finally execute, usually this is a series of mashing keys as they are getting no response. The call will then go through as normal.

I also witnessed this issue and looked and attempted to look at the logs while it was happening however the web browser had hung waiting on input from the phones log. When the phone respnded again, I could see the logs ok.

I tried moving the user live from SBA to Front End and the issue still occured. The only way to fix the problem is to reboot the handset.

I will be contacting our reseller for support and am not sure if this is a bug or perhaps we have a dud batch of phones, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello murraybd,

describing the software as the latest is rather unhelpful as in the future nobody will know what you defined at this present moment as the latest.

Please ensure you include the full details in future posts and ensure that you do not have any logging enabled if not told otherwise by our support team.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

The VVX410 is running 5.2.0.8330

BTOE is 2.3

I did not enable any logging and was only trying to view the App and Boot log via browser. During dialout, the web page hung as advised in my description.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello murraybd,

The next step is to raise this with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

For those interested, we looked at the CPU graph and the phone is hitting 100% CPU when dialing out.

This is the cause of the 9 second delay when dialing out. I havent found a common point with the devices that this is happening to, we use same configuration file for all devices. The only custom configuration made by the user is the default ring tone.

HP Recommended

Hello murraybd,

I have not heard of such case and can only urge you to follow up with your Polycom reseller as already suggested so we can have a look at the logs.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

this exact thing just started happening with our phones as well. We are running 5.1.2.1801. We are contacting CSR. However it seems to be with alot but not all of the phones.

Rob 

HP Recommended

Hello Rob,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

UC Software 5.1.2 is no longer a supported Version so please use 5.4.0A or fall back to UC Software 5.3.1 as both are LYNC qualified.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.