Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have a few VVX411 phones out in the wild, they are getting ghost calls so I've had a poke about & found the 2 lines:

voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.method="source"
voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.1.request="INVITE"

When I put these into the config the phones stop accepting calls....

In the log, i've turned on debug for SIP & can see this:

0722091449|sip |1|00|Try to do source validation
0722091449|sip |1|00|CCallBase::IsTrusted : NAPTR lookup for '<CHANGED>.nebulaip.com' OK
0722091449|sip |1|00|CCallBase::IsTrusted : NAPTR lookup for '<CHANGED>.nebulaip.com' OK
0722091449|sip |3|00|Challenge failed !!

It then appears to send:

0722091449|sipp |0|00| SIP/2.0 400 Bad Request

If I take those 2 lines out it starts to work again.... (but so do the ghost calls.)

the part where it says <CHANGED>.nebulaip.com is the server that it connects to so i'm not sure why it's not working...

I have come across an extra line voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.digest.realm="PolycomSPIP"

I'm not sure what that does though?

Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

Thanks!

Garry

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @gdeaks ,

welcome to the Poly Community.

Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up posts.

Oct 24 2014 Question:How can I prevent tools like sipvicious or nuisance Cisco calls ringing my phone?

Resolution: Please check => here <= or Security Center: Security Bulletin Relating to Worldwide Botnet Dialing H.323-Capable Systems

As we do not know how your phone was configured I suggest you check the above FAQ post.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@gdeaks

There is an issue with NAPTR and the 2 tags you have added to the phone. unless you have a NAPTR  DNS record the phone wil fail to validate the domain and return a 400 on inbound calls. 

To fix the issue you will need to change the transport from NAPTR to one of the following TCP, UDP, or TLS.

You will need to add/change the following tag.

reg.x.server.y.transport="Transport"

Replace X with the line. for a single line phone set to 1

Replace Y with the server number. (should be set to 1 unless you configured a second sip server)

Replace Transport with one of the following.

TCPpreferred - TCP is the preferred transport; UDP is used if TCP fails.

UDPOnly - Only UDP is used.

TLS - If TLS fails, transport fails. Leave port field empty (defaults to 5061 ) or set to 5061 .

TCPOnly - Only TCP is used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.