Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have several VVX500 running factory 5.2.0 firmware registering to an asterix 1.8 based server which allows for dialing **7 manually while on a call to place calls in orbits, 701, 702 etc.

This works great but it would be nice to have a softkey while on an active call to press that would automatically dial the **7 to place the call on park hold.

The web options for softkeys is greyed out.  Not sure why this seems so hard compared to other brand phones but the documentation is all over the place IMO.

I have an ftp folder on my server to place config files, however the documentation and threads I've found are not very clear to me as to how to do this from start to finish, i.e. proper file naming, xml settings and which file/older they go, how to tell phone to grab those files on boot etc.  Does anyone have a complete newbie walkthru, and when I say noob, I mean just as it relates to configuring Polycom phones.  I'm a programmer so its just needing a clear map of the procedures please.  TY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello pingram3541,

my Asterisk is running version 10 so you may want to reach out to the Asterisk community to verify when the # functionality to place a call on hold was introduced.

The Polycom® UC Software 5.2 EDIT ADMINISTRATOR GUIDE would contain all details in regards of the EFK programming.

Page 174 starts the chapter detailing all functions.

If you require more support you would need to work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Ok, after messging around a bit with the ftp server and not getting it to work, I figured out all I needed was a .cfg file with the following to add my soft key and upload it vie the web import.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<WEB
feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
softkey.feature.newcall="0"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.use.active="1"
softkey.1.label="Park"
softkey.1.insert="4"
softkey.1.action="**7"
/>

Now I just need to figure out how to add my vmxfer softkey for 2 digit ext.  The action string #$ does not seem to place the call on hold.  My vm xfer sequence is Transfer + *1 + XX + Dial + Transfer

I tried the following but still doesn't place call on hold.

softkey.2.enable="1"
softkey.2.use.active="1"
softkey.2.label="VMX"
softkey.2.insert="5"
softkey.2.action="$F*1$P1N2$$Trefer$"
efk.efkprompt.1.status="1"
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Enter Mailbox"
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric"
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible"
efk.efkprompt.1.digitmatching="none"

HP Recommended

Hello pingram3541,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

As explained in the community's VoIP FAQ example post 2 => here <= the Softkey action of:

softkey.1.action="#$Cp1$700"

This sends a # / hash during an active call which places the far end on hold and then pauses for 1 second and dials the Park Orbit of 700.

This is to park a call.

The Example 9 may be what you are looking for or to be more flexible use Example 6.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen but I tried that first.  I am using V5.2.0.8330 and the # doesn't do anything, I just hear the digits inline with the call and park is never activated.

My solution above works but the issue with using the star code vs transferring to 700 is in the rare circumstance I am connected to an IVR such as a conf call that listens for DTMF commands and I press park soft key, the call is parked as desired however the IVR may respond to the digits as well...but then again, putting a conf call on hold is a nuisance for all the parties having to hear your messages on hold.

Would be nice to have a way to:

1) Place the call on hold

2) Dial 700+ Dial and pause long enough to hear the park code

3) then complete the transfer

Is there a place to see all the dial codes somewhere?  i.e. cPX = pause X seconds, etc.

HP Recommended

Hello pingram3541,

my Asterisk is running version 10 so you may want to reach out to the Asterisk community to verify when the # functionality to place a call on hold was introduced.

The Polycom® UC Software 5.2 EDIT ADMINISTRATOR GUIDE would contain all details in regards of the EFK programming.

Page 174 starts the chapter detailing all functions.

If you require more support you would need to work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Thanks.  For others, the Page 174 part refers to the Polycom® UC Software 5.2 Administrator Guide document.  Took me about a half hour to figure that out.

HP Recommended

I marked the solution too soon.  Investigating this further this is what I have working but not optimally.

1) Inline star code

Setting the following works but only on inbound originating calls.

softkey.1.action="**7"

2) Simulate key pad and soft key presses

Setting the following works for both inbound and outbound calls, which simulates pressing "transfer", then dialpad 7...0....0....then requires the user to press the green send key, which then pauses long enough to hear the park orbit and finally completes the transfer by pressing soft key 3 (may be different position for others) and hangs up.  This is not optimal as it seems "hackish" in the timing may not always be reliable.

softkey.1.action="$FTransfer$$Fdialpad7$$Fdialpad0$$Fdialpad0$$Fsoftkey3$$Cwaitconnect$$Cp5$$Chu$"

3) Basic Blind Transfer

This is the fastest way but the transfer completes and you never get to hear the prompt knowing where what orbit was assigned.  If only I could figure out a way to hear the orbit, this would be optimal.

softkey.1.action="700$Trefer$"

I think the problem with $Trefer$ is that it completes a blind transfer and never lets you get to the "in between" part of the transfer which is hearing the prompt from the dialed party (700).

So again, I'm stuck trying to find a macro that initiates a transfer to 700, waits upon connect for 5 seconds, then completes the transfer.

HP Recommended

Just an update.  Never found a solution so abandoned.

HP Recommended

I know it's a few years too late for you, but I was fighting with this and came up with this that works for me on UCS 5.7.3:

feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1"
softkey.1.action="$FTransfer$700$Tinvite$$Cwc$$Cp4$$Ftransfer$"
softkey.1.enable="1"
softkey.1.label="Park"
softkey.1.use.active="1"

Presumably replacing my 700 with your **7 should also work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.