Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

MOVED FROM => HERE <+

I realize this is an old thread but I am experiencing the same issue when the caller attempts to transfer a call after dialling a BLF extension.

The callee can transfer the call  with the standard dialpad but the caller gets the SIP dialpad.  If the extension is dialled rather than the BLF softkey then transferring works as expected.

I believe I have the latest software.

Phone Information
Phone Model VVX 500
Part Number 3111-44500-001 Rev:A

UC Software Version 4.0.3.7562
BootROM Software Version 5.0.3.1987
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've updated all 20 VVX500 to the latest UCS released in December and (touch wood) haven't seen a sip transfer screen on any blf initiated calls yet. I'll monitor and report back.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Jac,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not completely sure if I understand your issue.

What do you mean by a caller attempts to transfer a call after dialing a BLF extension ? Do you mean pressing the BLF button?

I would suggest you contact your Polycom reseller as the original Post is regarding an SPIP650 which uses a completely different GUI in comparison to the VVX500.

The VVX500 is a brand new Polycom phone so you are entitled to support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes initiating a call from a BLF line on the VVX500 touchscreen is the only time this issue occurs.

What is the procedure if my reseller support is ordinary considering this is a recognized issue from an earlier software release?

HP Recommended

Hello Jac,

I have split this from the previous post as it is a different phone model and different software.

I still struggle to understand what you are trying to report here.

Could you write down the simple steps or what you are doing on the phone when you are experiencing what you are ?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I'll try to be clear, apologies for my possibly incorrect terminology.

Your first reply from the other thread:

http://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP/Problem-with-Polycom-Digits/td-p/4911

details two UC fixes that seem to describe exactly the issue I'm having on our VVX500s.

Of the 12 lines the VVX500 supports, line 1 is registered and the other 11 are setup as attendant BLF so people can see the status of 11 other users and remotely pick up someones ringing extension. I use FTP provisioning for the config files and this all works.

The problem is very specific and only occurs when someone presses one of their 11 monitored user soft buttons on the vvx500 screen.         feature.urlDialing.enabled is set to 0

1) If user1 calls user2 by pressing their BLF line, user1 gets the "Sip:" dialpad when attempting to transfer the call. External numbers or internal extensions don't work.

2) If user2 attempts to transfer that same call, they get the standard dialpad and an extension can be dialled.

3) If user1 dials the extension of  user2 (ie 132..no blf button pressed), then both parties get the standard dialpad when transferring the call.

Does this help clear the issue up?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Is my above post clearer on the issue?

I thought it wasn't a big deal as it's very specific but if we pick up receptions call using reception blf we cant transfer the call as the sip dialpad appears.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Jac,

to be honest I am still not to sure what the issue is.

The VVX500 can use the BLF functionality and should not prompt you for a SIP URI when pressing the button.

As I am about to break up for my holidays please raise this via your Polycom reseller with Polycom Support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

I've updated all 20 VVX500 to the latest UCS released in December and (touch wood) haven't seen a sip transfer screen on any blf initiated calls yet. I'll monitor and report back.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.