Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I can not make an inbound video call to the VVX500. I have a VVX600 and VVX500 with the same configuration except for mac and auth of course. I can call from the VVX500 to the VVX600 and have a video call no problem from the reverse the call goes audio only. When I call in using various Polycom iPad and Polycom Andriod apps no inbound video on the VVX500 but can to the VVX600. What else can I look for or check to make sure inbound video is "enabled" on the VVX500.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This issue was a result of the Broadsoft configuration. Changed profile device type to generic sip device and the video connected with no issues.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello api+johnson,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

• What is the VVX500 and / VVX600 Software Version?
  • What call protocoll, SIP or H.323

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

SW Ver 4.1.3.6827

SIP protocol

HP Recommended

Hello API_Johnson,

I would suggest you start a Wirehark trace and check the negotiated code.

I did a quick test in my lab between a VVX1500 and a VVX500 and I could only get the incoming Video to fail on the VVX if H263 or H261 was used as a codec.

H264 worked both ways.

I suggest you raise a ticket with Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a similar issue - an incoming video call request from a SIP client on a PC to a VVX500 (no camera attached) is only connected as an audio call, I tried with both H264 and H263. The video call request appears to be detected (the thunderbolt / no video icon is shown on the screen). Any ideas why that is happening? I have attached the INVITE and 200OK packets below:

INVITE
(...)
User-Agent: PC Best Networks SIP PBX v3.55-N0P0H0
CSeq: 1621 INVITE
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 354

v=0
o=- 36 066 IN IP4
s=PCBEST_SIP_SDK
c=IN IP4
t=0 0
m=audio 19216 RTP/AVP 0 8 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-16
a=ptime:20
a=sendrecv
m=video 19218 RTP/AVP 125
a=rtpmap:125 H264/90000
a=fmtp:125 profile-level-id=42801E; packetization-mode=1
a=sendrecv

SIP/2.0 200 OK
(...)
Allow: INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, OPTIONS, INFO, MESSAGE, SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, UPDATE, REFER
Supported: 100rel,replaces
User-Agent: PolycomVVX-VVX_500-UA/4.1.3.6827
Allow-Events: conference,talk,hold
Accept-Language: en
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: 308

v=0
o=- 1365164317 1365164317 IN IP4
s=Polycom IP Phone
c=IN IP4
b=AS:256
t=0 0
a=sendrecv
m=audio 22266 RTP/AVP 0 101
a=sendrecv
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
m=video 22268 RTP/AVP 125
a=rtpmap:125 H264/90000
a=fmtp:125 profile-level-id=42800a

HP Recommended

You need to have a camera attached

HP Recommended

This issue was a result of the Broadsoft configuration. Changed profile device type to generic sip device and the video connected with no issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.