Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX500 Music on Hold require a license?

Occasional Contributor

VVX500 Music on Hold require a license?

Does the music on hold feature offered in UC software 5.4.0.5841 only apply to Lync users? I've loaded the software and enabled/administered the following (feature.moh.enabled, feature.moh.filename, feature.moh.payload & res.quotas.tone) but do not see that the Music On Hold option ever appear via the web interface under Additional Preferences... as well as the phone does not supply MOH (I performed a factory reset after the cfg file was modified to ensure the changes stuck). I do see that the sample moh file was downloaded. I additionally tried to enable the Lync base profile and I get the same result. I do not have a Lync license but documentation states that I should be able to test without one (If I'm interpreting it correctly). I'm wanting to test MOH functionality with a SIP phone providing it's own music source since the registrar it's using does not have that capability. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX500 Music on Hold require a license?

Hello pgall,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The MoH feature that can is automatically enabled using LYNC Base Profile from Software Version 5.3.0 onwards is for the LYNC Server only.

It will not work in SIP mode

If your server does not support MoH you can utilize the musicOnHold.uri Parameter to define a destination. Please consult the Admin Guide for additional details.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 2