Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Polycom VVX 500 configured with four SIP accounts. One SIP provider requires a prefix before the number dialed, to determine the routing; the prefix I want to use is 91346901, which will apply to all calls (local or international) made from that line.

I read Technical Bullitin 11572, but I can't really understand that physics.  BOTTOM LINE:  I need to prepend 91346901 to all calls on one SIP line on the VVX 500. Would you please do the coding and email the complete code for me to just cut and paste?  (garethws@gmail.com)

Thank you immensely.

Gareth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Gareth,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post as the VVX500 is not a WiFi Phone.

Let me first remind you that a community can only work if member share the Information openly and requesting Emails with solution does not fall into this category.

Your first point of contact requesting technical support should be your reseller having sold you the VVX500 in the first place.

If they are unable to support you and you have not found the answer within this community, the Admin Guide, the Polycom Knowledge base or by any other means or simply technical not capable you can always contact Polycom Support via PPI (PayPerIncident) and receive help from our support staff.

In order to answer your original query you can use the digitmap to do so an just use your Local and/or Long Distance access Code and utilize the add/replace rules shown => here <= to include your additionally requested dial string for this provider.

Using 0 for example as an access code like :

R0R60491346901Rxxxxxxxxxxxx

Abvove would if you dial 0 + 12 digit number automatically remove the 0 and replace it with your Code and then add the 12 digit's behind. This can be changed via the Phones Web Interface without the need of a Provisioning Server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello Gareth,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have moved your post as the VVX500 is not a WiFi Phone.

Let me first remind you that a community can only work if member share the Information openly and requesting Emails with solution does not fall into this category.

Your first point of contact requesting technical support should be your reseller having sold you the VVX500 in the first place.

If they are unable to support you and you have not found the answer within this community, the Admin Guide, the Polycom Knowledge base or by any other means or simply technical not capable you can always contact Polycom Support via PPI (PayPerIncident) and receive help from our support staff.

In order to answer your original query you can use the digitmap to do so an just use your Local and/or Long Distance access Code and utilize the add/replace rules shown => here <= to include your additionally requested dial string for this provider.

Using 0 for example as an access code like :

R0R60491346901Rxxxxxxxxxxxx

Abvove would if you dial 0 + 12 digit number automatically remove the 0 and replace it with your Code and then add the 12 digit's behind. This can be changed via the Phones Web Interface without the need of a Provisioning Server.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you very much, Steffen. And yes, I do now recognize the incongruity of my request that the solution to my issue be dispacthed to my private email address.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.