Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hoping someone can give me a sanity check.

Config:

Phone VVX500

Ver - 4.0.1

Platform - Broadworks R17

We raised ticket with Polycom reporting the following issue:

Recent Call list INBOUND Only All of the inbound calls in the list show for the phone number it shows SIP: phone number @ IP Address. If clicked to redial call fails stating "URL dialing disabled". How do we format the call list to show the Phone number only so that it can be dialed?

RESPONSE FROM TICKET:

This issue has been identified as a known issue by Polycom and we have applied a fix in the next release UC 4.0.2. Currently, we have a tentative release scheduled for the first half of April, 2012. As a workaround, enabling URL dialing show allow the call back to go through. Let us know if you have any issues with this fix.

HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE DONE:

we made the following edits to the config files

Site.cfg = call.urlModeDialing=1

features.cfg = feature.urlDialing.enabled=1

Rebooted, ReFlashed, and reset config of phone

Results: Same issue. Still no dial out and still displays "URL dialing disabled"

Anyone see something that I am missing?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello gtaggert,

is above information a response from Polycom or from your reseller?

I am unsure if you are aware that all configuration changes need to include the " (as you have posted the command without "").

Is this a shared Line ?

If yes then the Phone is working as designed if it receives a call in URL Mode (quote from UCS 4.0.1 Admin Guide Page 432):

If 0, URL/name dialing is not available. If 1, URL/name dialing is available from private lines. Note: If enabled, unknown callers will be identified on the display by their phone’s IP address.

I would advise to use feature.urlDialing.enabled=”0” in order to prevent that the call list is populated with entries containing a @domain/IP entry.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Out of curiousity, Are you on Broadworks R17 sp4 or above? I think you need sp4 + for Polycom UCS. 

Thanks

Rakesh

HP Recommended

I believe this to be a bug specific to the VVX series.

I have a VVX 500 running 5.1.1.2986. With URL calling enabled (    feature.urlDialing.enabled="1"  ) I have the "URL" option in the dialer. When I type in a sip uri to dial and hit the green handset icon, nothing happens. Inbound calling from a sip uri works as expected. Using the call history page, if I tap and hold the history entry on that received call, then touch "Dial" to return dial, the phone returns to the home page with the message "URL Calling is disabled" displayed where the clock is positioned despite the option being enabled. Packet capture of the phone indicates that a INVITE was never sent from the phone when the dial button was pressed.

Please let me know if you need any additional information to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

This specific post is rather old and the software version mentioned initially is long outdated.

If you have a current issue with UCS 5.1.2 or UCS 5.2.0 and can replicate this then please go ahead and raise this via your Polycom reseller with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen, thanks for the reply. I just tried with 5.2.2 and it exhibits the same behavior. I verified the features.cfg has ..
feature.urlDialing.enabled="1"Is there more than this required?

Regards,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

Since replying back in 2014 we have released 5.2.3 or even 5.3.0 so you can test with these and if that fails open a Polycom service ticket via your Polycom reseller so we can look at this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

5.2.2 is the latest available in the 5.2 series for the vvx500. I'm unable to load 5.3.x on my platform at this time. See .. :

http://downloads.polycom.com/voice/voip/uc_sw_releases_matrix.html

Is the features cfg edit the only edit needed? We are a partner with Polycom. If this is the only setting required I will escalate through the appropriate channels.

Regards,

Matt

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

Have a look at the VVX500 support page => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Matt,

I did a quick test imported a simple file containing <change feature.urlDialing.enabled="1" /> and selected the Line , press URL Dial, Type the IP and the far end phone rings.

The above was tested against 5.3.0.12074

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.