Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

VVX500 Sending Sip 486 Busy on External Calls when answered

SOLVED
Wadders
Occasional Contributor

VVX500 Sending Sip 486 Busy on External Calls when answered

Hi,

We are deploying Lync and have some VVX500 phones using V5.3 and BTOEv3. These are working fine with regards to Lync calls and Internal calls.  However on receiving External calls (landline or Mobile) if you answer via VVX phone it disconnects call as the phone is sending a SIP busy Message.

Calls answer fine when using the Lync Client itself and not the phone.

We have randomly got 1 phone working but the config is exactly the same as all other phones when going through the config files.

Can anyone provide any advise or help ?

Thanks,

Paul

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX500 Sending Sip 486 Busy on External Calls when answered

Hello Paul,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually you do not need any configuration as you simply set LYNC Base Profile and the either use Single Sign In (SSI) or Pin & Extension.

There should be a bit more information in the LYNC logs why the phone is sending the 486. We would need to look at some logs in case you escalate this to Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: VVX500 Sending Sip 486 Busy on External Calls when answered

Hello Paul,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Usually you do not need any configuration as you simply set LYNC Base Profile and the either use Single Sign In (SSI) or Pin & Extension.

There should be a bit more information in the LYNC logs why the phone is sending the 486. We would need to look at some logs in case you escalate this to Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Poly Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2