Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I purchased the VVX500 because "sales" at RingCentral said I could download my contacts to this phone. I purchased it to avoid having to enter 1400 contacts in the phones directory.

I'm a VOIP Virgin, and I am the administrator who is trying to make this work.

I saw the post about a  LDAP directory for the VVX600 but frankly, I understood the Pope's addressing the faithful in Latin better than that.

Can somebody tell me if this is doable?

I pay a hosted exchange server to host my email account with an exchange server. I can strip out the addresses as .csv, or whatever format is required but I didn't see any steps short of hiring a pocket protector to help me through this.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello adjuster11,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The folks at your VoIP reseller are correct. You have two different possibility's to add contacts to the phone.

Both are described within the community's VoIP FAQ here:

Jan 30, 2012 Question: Can I use a central Phone book or is LDAP / Corporate Directory supported?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above contains an example configuration and a follow up link to a official Polycom technical bulletin and is the most professional solution.

The other option would be a local directory which is described in below FAQ post.

Jan 6, 2012 Question: How can I create a local directory or what is the 000000000000-directory.xml used for?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Above describes how to utilize a local directory XML file.

You mentioned a CSV copy of your phone numbers. I added in our development section a Perl script which can be utilized for such situation => here <=

Above script is not supported by Polycom and is just an example.

Please be aware that for any follow up questions the Admin Guide should be consulted. Your Reseller Ring Central is your Tier 1 contact for any follow up support in case this is required.

They are also able to raise a Polycom service ticket should you need further assistance.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.