Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When Forward (Settings -> Features) enabled, what is changed in coding?  I enabled this feature on my VVX 500 to forward to either another extension or an external 11-digit number, instead of redirecting the call the phone would show lots of miss calls.

Shawn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

I had recently played with that running UCS 4.0.1 Rev B, 4.0.2 Rev B and UCS 4.0.3 Rev F.

The Phone always sends a 302 moved temporarely to the SIP Server (in my case asterisk 1.8) and the server sends to the destination phone a 181 Call is being forwarded.

Above is working as designed and the phone will show a missed call as the phone is not aware if the call was answered by the forwarding destination.

I would make a trace via wireshark to see the SIP signaling.

Since UCS 4.0.0 we do support RFC 3326 "Call completed elsewhere" and this could clear the missed call if your SIP server supports this.

If above is not sufficient please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello Shawn,

I had recently played with that running UCS 4.0.1 Rev B, 4.0.2 Rev B and UCS 4.0.3 Rev F.

The Phone always sends a 302 moved temporarely to the SIP Server (in my case asterisk 1.8) and the server sends to the destination phone a 181 Call is being forwarded.

Above is working as designed and the phone will show a missed call as the phone is not aware if the call was answered by the forwarding destination.

I would make a trace via wireshark to see the SIP signaling.

Since UCS 4.0.0 we do support RFC 3326 "Call completed elsewhere" and this could clear the missed call if your SIP server supports this.

If above is not sufficient please work with your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.