Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I'm currently using VVX 500 with Lync 2010.

The phone adds all my Lync contacts to the idle screen automatically, but because the phone only supports 12 softkeys and no multipage, if my list is larger I will miss some contacts.

Unfortunatelly there seems to not be a way for me to decide the contacts that should displayed (ex.: I just want the frequent contacts there). It does add the buttons by the order I add the contacts to Lync (ex.: if I add a new contact, it will show on the next free position on the screen), but on reboot it just reorders the contacts alphabetically.

My questions are:

- Is it possible to make idle screen multipage?

- How can I select/force what contacts are shown on the idle screen?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello rd,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The current release of UCS 4.0.x does handle this like that and is working as designed. A future release brings changes to the LYNC setup but I have not yet got an official release date.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello rd,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The current release of UCS 4.0.x does handle this like that and is working as designed. A future release brings changes to the LYNC setup but I have not yet got an official release date.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Stephen,

Can you detail the changes?

Will users be able to select the buddies that show on the screen? Will it be controlled by Lync client, or on the phone?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello rd,

I am not at the liberty to comment on any of the changes as next version has not been finalized.

Once I have the details I will be able to comment.

Best Regards

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.