Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We are using VVX600 with Lync2013.

Can't transfer call to Lync-contact.

Is this possible to list Lync-contacts instead of the ordinary phone-directory?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I believe the issue is firmware related, I also have the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hello lennartu and kest874,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Could you elaborate in more detail what the exact scenario is that you are using.

This guide => here <= shows how to use Polycom phones in a Microsoft® Lync™ Environment.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you for you answer Steffen.

I have already read the Quick User guide for VVX with Lync that you linked to.
I have also read the deployment guide and administrators guide for the UC-firmware version 5.0.1.

The problem is as follows:
I have answered an incoming call on my Polycom VVX600 running UC-firmware version 5.0.1.4068.
The phone is connected to a Lync 2013-environment that is also where the incoming call is coming in.
The caller wants to talk to a colleague of mine, so I want to transfer the call.
I press the softbutton "Transfer" on the VVX600-phone.
The only choices I get is to either typing the number I want to transfer to, or choose a contact from the phone's local directory.
What I expected, was a new softbutton "Lync contacts", so that I could choose what Lync-contact I want to transfer the call to.

Can you confirm that this feature is not available?
If so, is it planned for future UC-firmware updates?
Or is it already available by setting a certain config-parameter?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello lennartu,

if this is a pinned contact i.e. added via the Lync client Favorites option you simply press the Button on the top left (line) as this will return to the main screen.

If you want to dial a number from the LYNC Directory you do as follows:

• Press Transfer
  • Press the Home Key
  • Select Directories
  • Select LYNC Directory
  • Select your contact or search for a new contact
  • Press Dial

Above is how the functionality is currently implemented.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello again, Steffen.

I have tested your suggestion, but I am not able to get it to work.

With the method you describe, the only thing I am able to do, is to establish two separate calls at the same time.

Anyway, I suggest that you ask the UC-firmware developers to make this feature easier and more intuitive!

The way it is working now, I am sorry to say that we have no other choice other then use other phones.

Best regards,

Lennart Utgard

HP Recommended

Hello lennartu,

any changes to the current design need to be requested via your Polycom reseller and worked by a Polycom sales engineer with a business case justifying the requested change.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

How do you transfer a call directly to someone's voice mailbox directly from the VVX600 when it is paired with Lync 2013 client?  Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.