Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an issue with an VVX600 on a Lync2013 installation. It is running 5.1.2. Logging in with username and password works perfectly. When trying with extension and pin it won't log in. Using the same extension and pin on a Aastra phone on the same subnet is working, Aastra will login using pin authentication. Option 43 and 120 are set. In the logs of the VVX it tells me it has problems getting the STSURI from option 43. But I don't get any more logging from it, debug level is not telling why it's not working. Testing the DHCP options with the Microsoft tool in that subnet shows everything is fine, all options are set. How can I get more information why the VVX is not finding those options? And why is it working on a Aastra? Hope someone can get me going, I've spend 2 days on this issue, reading all articles about option 43 and 120.

Regards,

Folkert

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello Folkert,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There are additional logging levels that our Support team would provide you with.

Can you create the below and import via the Web Interface ?

<LYNC 	log.level.change.tickt="0"
		log.level.change.sip="0"
		log.render.file.size="128"
		log.render.file.upload.append.sizeLimit="100000"
		log.render.level="0"/>

Above requires the phone to be able to write to the provisioning server.

• Is this a Microsoft DHCP Server or another party ?

Once you have the logs please raise a ticket with Polycom support via your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Well, that didn't do much for me. response 3 code 0....

0918144350|tickt|0|00|[soWebTicketClearUserData]:Clearing the BackOffTimers
0918144350|so   |4|00|[soRegistrationC] Login Credentials valid causing SoRegEventLine Changed
0918144352|app1 |*|00|SoRegistrationEventLineChanged - success lineIndex 0 RegListSize 0
0918144352|app1 |*|00|SoRegistrationEventLast - new AppRegLineC, Default user
0918144405|sip  |*|00|dhcpOption120LyncQuery
0918144405|tickt|1|00|soWebticketGetAllUserInfo:input parameters user index 0, Extension 5003 server  UUID 01c62319-5e24-561b-a582-b454c1e6f1e9
0918144405|utilm|4|00|uBLFUnCompressed: File /ffs0/Config/Local/WebTicket/0/certProvSvc.mex doesn't exist or is empty
0918144405|tickt|1|00|soWebTicketServersGet: request URI is /mex
0918144405|tickt|1|00|Provisoning:Cipher suite = RSA:!EXP:!LOW:!NULL:!MD5:@STRENGTH
0918144405|tickt|1|00|soWebTicketServersGet: Got response 3 code 0
0918144405|tickt|0|00|Got response 3 code 0 data&colon;
(null)

(done)
0918144405|tickt|5|00|soWebticketGetAllUserInfo: soWebTicketServersGet Failed
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipSetOption nIndex 39, nParam 4
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipSetOption nIndex 78, nParam 1
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipSetOption nIndex 79, nParam 3
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipSetOption nIndex 80, nParam 1
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipReloadMediaConfig
0918144405|sip  |*|00|Sip Register Usr:VVX600 Dsp:VVX 600 Auth:'Using Login Cred' Inx:0
0918144405|sip  |1|00|clearBossAdminLists - No of Admins -0, No Of Boss - 0
0918144405|sip  |1|00|clearBossAdminUsers - No of Admin Users -0, No Of Boss Users - 0
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipOnEvProxyList 0,Total proxy 0
0918144405|sip  |3|00|SipSetOption nIndex 12, nParam 1127494944
0918144405|sip  |3|00|AddEmergencyRoute 911 0 0 0

HP Recommended

Hello Folkert,

the log shows the root cause:

0918144405|tickt|1|00|soWebTicketServersGet: request URI is /mex

Above should show your Web Ticket URL.

Example:

202646.012|tickt|1|00|soWebTicketServersGet: request URI is https://lyncfe01.t3voipuk.lab:443/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svc/mex

Your DHCP Option 43 / 120 is therefore incorrectly setup. 

When you initiate the Pin & Extension sign in the Phone will send a DHCP INFORM to the DHCP Server and request via Option: (55) Parameter Request List the Parameter Request List Item: (43) Vendor-Specific Information.

The phone will identify itself via the Option: (60) Vendor class identifier as a Vendor class identifier: MS-UC-Client.

The DHCP server will reply with an ACK.

The reply contains the Option: (43) Vendor-Specific Information,

In my example:

MS-UC-Clienthttpslyncfe01.t3voipuk.lab443%/CertProv/CertProvisioningService.svcNAP

And the Option: (120) SIP Servers

In my example:

lyncfe01.t3voipuk.lab

This is an issue in your Network and you would require support from Microsoft on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I also assume the problem is in the option 43, but as I said, testing the the Lync DHCP tool gives everything ok. So I think the Microsoft DHCP server is working like it should be. And the Aastra is  working. Looking in the logs of the Aastra I see the correct configured url's and sip servers. Biggest problem is that I can't find what the Polycom is getting from DHCP, it simply isn't logged. I will now try an older firmware v4.1.2, hopefully there is more logging in there. Maybe it has something to do with the vlan lldp config.

Regards,

Folkert

HP Recommended

Hello Folkert,,

there is not any more logging in older firmware versions. Enhanced logging will only come with the next 5.2.0 or 5.3.0

You will need to setup wireshark and then follow the FAQ post on how to use this from the phone to capture the data.

I will update another FAQ post shortly to outline the relevant steps.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Volkert,

Please check => here <= and => here <=

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

making some wireshark traces made thing clear! The problem is the dhcp helper from our Sonicwall between the phone vlan and dhcp server. It seems the DHCP inform of the Polycom is something the Sonicwall doesn't understand. And why do the Aastra and dhcputil -Emulateclient work? They send a different DHCP inform package! They are sending it directly to the DHCP server that gave the ip address. The Polycom sends it as a broadcast. So there is the difference.

It looks like we can't fix the Sonicwall (terrible device). So now we will set up a DHCP server directly in the phone vlan. Or maybe there is a workaround in the Polycom? Is it possible to force it to send the DHCP inform package directly to the DHCP server instead of a broadcast?

Regards,

Folkert

HP Recommended

Hello Volkert,

I have raised this internally as I can verify that a CX600 phone for example only sends this as unicast.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

thanks! Please let me know if there is more information from development (or whatever internal is 🙂 )

Regards,

Folkert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.