Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I previously posted requesting info to get a VVX201 to work with Cisco CUCM.

I  was able to accomplish successfully.

Now I have a VVX600. Cannot seem to get it to register with CUCM. I configured it exactly like VVX201, but no go.

Anyone???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ended up that Line 1 coul never register, but other lines on phone registerd OK.

Updated phone to 5.5.0.20556.

Reset to factory defaults.

Reconfigured and now works!

Something in software had to be stuck.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello progala,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

as already outlined in my original reply => here <= that a Cisco CUCM is not an officially supported platform for the VVX phone.

Putting this fact aside there is no software difference between the two phones so this "should" work the same.

Unsure what VVX600 you purchased (it may be in LYNC base profile) it is hard to comment.

Simply export the backup and compare it with notepad++ as an example to see if you can spot a difference.

Also please always ensure to provide the minimum requested details like the currently used software version.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

After trying many things I cannot get line #1 to come up.

I have configured lines 2-4 as well, and they are up and working!!

Any ideas as to why line #1 just won't register. Same exact configuration as lines 2-4.

HP Recommended

Hello progala,

Most likely a configuration issue on the CUCM side.

The community's VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Jan 19, 2012 Question: How to troubleshoot Polycom VoIP related Issues?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Logs from phone.

162413.659|sip |*|00|Sip Register Usr:4000 Dsp:4000 Auth:'' Inx:0
162413.659|utilm|4|00|uBLFUnCompressed: File /ffs0/Config/Local/WebTicket/0/fedContactUrl.dom doesn't exist or is empty
162413.667|sip |*|00|Fast Boot Measurement Point: Ready for Call, uptime: 59053.667 sec.
162413.676|sip |*|00|Sip Register Usr:8640 Dsp:8640 Auth:'PR0915' Inx:1
162413.676|utilm|4|00|uBLFUnCompressed: File /ffs0/Config/Local/WebTicket/0/fedContactUrl.dom doesn't exist or is empty
162413.684|sip |*|00|Sip Register Usr:8656 Dsp:8656 Auth:'PR0915' Inx:2
162413.684|utilm|4|00|uBLFUnCompressed: File /ffs0/Config/Local/WebTicket/0/fedContactUrl.dom doesn't exist or is empty
162413.692|sip |*|00|Sip Register Usr:3855 Dsp:3855 Auth:'PR0915' Inx:3
162413.692|utilm|4|00|uBLFUnCompressed: File /ffs0/Config/Local/WebTicket/0/fedContactUrl.dom doesn't exist or is empty

Notice that Register USR Dsp ;4000 Auth     does not have an entry in the field.

The other working numbers have a PR0915 in the Auth field.

I have configured all of the lines the same.

HP Recommended

Hello progala,

I am unable to provide support via the community so the provided FAQ was for your benefit.

You can post logs for other community users or even a wireshark trace but at the end of the day from our perspective the VVX is not a supported phone on a CUCM.

Backing up the configuration of a working phone and comparing it with your non working phone using Notepad++ may give you an insight.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Ended up that Line 1 coul never register, but other lines on phone registerd OK.

Updated phone to 5.5.0.20556.

Reset to factory defaults.

Reconfigured and now works!

Something in software had to be stuck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.