Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've placed a VVX500 on my pbx that has the ability to manage versions prior to 3.4.   I've taken the files created by the PBX, and ran them through the conversion tool.   The seem to come up fine, and features seem to work, including MOH, transfer, etc.

However, when booting up, there is an error message that a feature from prior to 3.4 is in the config file.   is there a method of determining what that configuration parameter is - logs, etc.

Additionally, we are having an issue with calls placed on hold.  Calls from a Nortel PBX to the VVX 500 work fine, both way audio after picking up the held call.  Calls from the VVX to the Nortel phone only have one way audio - Nortel can hear Polycom VVX, VVX can't hear Nortel Phone.

And, calls from a Polycom 550 to the VVX, after being placed on hold, there is no audio between them.

I have some Pcaps to troll through, I've searched this board for similar complaints.  ANyone heard of a list of known issues with the conversion tool, or issues related to hold on the VVX?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Thodgen,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The cfcUtility is only meant for pre SIP 3.2.x to UCS 3.3.0 and does not know any of the newly added Commands in UCS 3.3.1, 3.3.2 , 3.3.3 , 4.0.0 and 4.0.1.

The FAQ holds all the Information about a basic registration and how to check for configuration errors.

In addition the VVX500 is brand new and therefore still under warranty so you should contact your reseller to work with Polycom Support on this as the community is not a replacement for the normal Polycom Support Structure.

I have not checked if the Nortel (unknown Version) is even a supported Platform. I am also unsure of your reference with 3.4 as this does  not resemble a Polycom SIP / UCS Version.

Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

My apologies, The configurations that I am needed to convert, for this test lab is 3.1.3c an 3.2.4b.  However, this is an exercise to get these files converted to support 4.0.1 on the VVX500.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you are stating that the conversion tool does not accommodate converstion to 4.0.1.   I specifically did this after advice from Polycom Product Management, who told me about the conversion tool for a discussion around deployment, and management of the 4.0.1.

I understand warranty and taking this through my distributor.  However, what I am looking for, is generic information that would allow for me to develop managment of the 4.0.1 version and above and specifically the VVX500.

This forum seems like the right place for those questions, as I am sure many in the user community have the same needs.  Getting information on this forum, which is pointed to as a resource for the VVX product line, seems important.

My question to this Forum Community then, has anyone found a method of supporting version 3.x to 4.0.1 to support the VVX500 phones?   Or, has anyone seen documentation that describes how to resolve errors found in the 3.x to 3.3 conversion tool?

HP Recommended

Todd,

in my T2 Polycom VoIP Support role I can only advise that the cfcUtility only converts pre UCS 3.3.0 Files (SIP < 3.2.6 ) into UCS 3.3.0 Files.

The VVX500 is UCS 4.0.1 so the tool will only convert files to standard 3.3.0 and all parameters introduced since UCS 3.3.0 will not be added/ converted.

The UCS Software contains all standard Parameters that the relevant Phones need so I am unsure why you need a special tool to run the VVX500.

For a basic registration the FAQ is sufficient.

For specific VVX500 Questions you should follow up with your Reseller and / or Polycom Support.

The Forum / Community is not a support Forum, it is a exchange and the Polycom Employees answer questions.

In order to deploy a Handset you should liaise with your SIP Provider as they usually look after the scripts provisioning the Phones. If they do not accommodate the new Handset you will have to manually provision the Phone but you may be restricted in the functionality.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.