Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Voicemail Reset

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Voicemail Reset

Hi: 

I got a new job at a small firm, with age old computers and databases.  Along with that, we have the Polycom Sound Point IP phone systems throughout the whole firm.  There are 4 phones in the office, three sub lines and one main line.  People call in to the main line, receptionist answers and transfers it around.  I have been able to access my own personal voicemail, but now we are struggling to change the options on the main line.  ("Thank you for calling Blah Blah firm, if you would like Jane press 1, if you would like Joe press 2, if you would like John press 3")   I need to change the name of Jane to mine, but we cannot figure out what the password is.  It is not located anywhere.  And to be honest, im not even sure if thats how I would go about changing that option (I dont know if we have to do this through our network system -- I am clearly not network savvy)

So if anyone knows how to reset the password... and to change the greeting (if its not located on the main line) that would be faaannnntastic! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Voicemail Reset

Hello swhite1890,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have to unfortunately disappoint you as the phone has nothing to do with the Voice Mail.

This is all controlled by the SIP PABX or SIP provider you are using. You will need to find out what is installed and then contact the person or company who set this up for you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I recorded a temporary Holiday message and now want to go back to my regular message.  How do I remove the temp message?  We have Polycom VVX 300 phones and I don't see the instructions in the User Guide.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Leann

The voicemail has nothing to do with the actual phone. You need to find out whoever installed th me system and then work with them.

Replied via a mobile device
----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4