Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

It seems all download links to the VVX Web Application SDK has disappeared.

The UCS Version 5.3 was the latest version I could find: 

<removed by a Moderator as we no longer develop the SDK>

That I found via

Or the 5.0 via the VVX 600

In theory these links should work:

But both redirect to the standard poly homepage and I couldn't find it anywhere.

Has this been retired and no longer supported?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @PeterL 

in the move from Polycom to Poly some links were outdated and have been overlooked. I forwarded the request to Product Management and will provide an update if I receive one.

There has not been much SDK development for a while now.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Any update on this?

HP Recommended

Hello @Keith ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

We plan to update the SDK with the new 6.4.0 release at present planned for Q01/21 (Subject to change)

As mentioned the SDK has not been updated in a while and the question is what are you actually hoping to get out of this.

I worked with you in the past so feel free to contact me that way.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
Hi @Steffen Was just interested because I have a few little projects I was going to look at and with working from home, having a phone simulator would be useful. First thing I was going to look at was a means to allow our support desk to easily get access to the /captureScreen page with an automatic refresh. The SDK isn't required for that though. Need to sort the default/mac address based cert for HTTPS. I note that applying the polycom pki to the PCs local certificate store isn't enough and need to investigate that a little more. The other mini-project I was going to look into was a system to push messages onto phones. As we have a wide range of subnets, the system I want to deploy would allow a subnet to be selected and push a message out to only those phones. Maybe a means to provide a CSV file with phones/users that need a push message is another thing I was going to consider. I don't think there are any REST API methods for this and when we had Hugo Picao with us, he used CURL. These ideas are great, but having the time to develop is much more difficult with keeping the day job going.
HP Recommended

Hi @Keith ,

we can take this offline via Email. Simply contact me on my work email.

For your helpdesk either use https://www.brandonmguy.com/projects/device-operator-console/, this is a Poly employee that provides this tool, or look at PDMS-E or Lens.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Thanks,

I'll have a look into those.  No point re-inventing the wheel!

Keith

HP Recommended

Hello @Keith and @PeterL 

Steffen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.