Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Phone Information
Phone Model     SoundPoint IP 670
UC Software Version     4.0.11.0583
BootROM Software Version     5.0.11.0282

When viewing browser via IE or Firefox both latest I cannot load the Prefrences/Background option under Admin or User logins.

Error :

Failed to load the page, the requested document was not found on the server.

Is this one of those shared softwares for several phones and mine is not supported?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello curlycord,

just tried this using Internet Explorer 11 and I am unable to replicate this. That may be a security setting on your end.

I can only ask you to try another browser like Chrome or so.

If you can always replicate this you may want to open a support ticket.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post your phone's MAC address so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

@ Steffen

Experienceing the same error here.

Tried on Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

Updated the firmware on the device as well, same results. I have been able to access this panel on other devices.

Please advise?

SoundPoint IP 550

UC Software Version 4.0.10.0689 BootROM Software Version 5.0.10.0028

Error:

Information
Close

When going into preferences and selecting background.

I will gladly provide the Mac Address as well as any other info if you reach out directly to the email associated with this account.

Do I need to open a ticket or is there a known fix?
HP Recommended

Hello IiIPDF,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

You will need to open a ticket as we never had this officially reported and brought into support.

In order to raise a support ticket you need to work with your Polycom reseller as they need to do this for you.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Soundpoint IP 670 ever since upgrading from 4.0.8. to now 4.0.11. Not a browser problem, tried them all. Any news from that ticket?

HP Recommended

Hello stork20,

To my personal knowledge this post was the last communication we had with the original poster(s).

Most of the time people simply do not want to open a ticket for whatever reason. The only way to get this fixed and addressed is by opening a support ticket.

If this is some sort of an Internet discounter please post either your phone's MAC address or your Polycom devices serial so I can look up who would be able to support you.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

Thank you. Purchased phone from business reseller and I will contact them to open ticket. Will get back if more news.

HP Recommended

Same exact problem. Prefernces > Background not working. "Failed to load the page. The document requested was not found on this server."

Updated software on phone and lost this feature. The page bgconf is not found. Some bug in the html in the new version of software. Did not reload each available version to find which one it first appears in but below is my info.

Phone Information

Phone Model SoundPoint IP 550

Part Number2345-12500-001

Rev:A

MAC Address00:04:F2:20:0A:E7

UC Software Version4.0.12.0926

BootROM Software Version5.0.12.0033

HP Recommended

Hello Japhet School,

INGRAM MICRO sold this phone back in 05/01/2009 so it is out of warranty for a long time. Your only option is to open a PPI / Pay per Incident ticket via them to get this into support.

Or downgrade to a version that this issue still worked for you.

I am unable to reproduce this.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.