Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I work for an organisation that has a very large deployment of VVX501 and 311 phones in a Skype for Business environment (over 10,000 phones).  We currently use RPRM to deploy firmware upgrades.  We are on UCS 5.9.5.0614 with BToE 3.8.0.

Question is, is there a preferred level of software version we should aim for, both phone and BToE?

(assuming compatibility issues are adhered to)

I normally tend not to update unless a specific problem is being addressed, but with such a large deployment - problems sometimes don't come back to the support team.

Any general thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Keith ,

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

I would suggest you update to the latest 5.9.7 once release in December (subject to change)

This has the latest security fixes and you will not need to make any changes to BToE on users PCs.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Sounds like a good plan.

In the new year I would like to try and get on the 6.x branch of phone patching.

I would intend to update BToE on all PCs to a branch of 6.x which remains compatible with 5.9.7, then after all have been updated (takes a while for users to install updates to PCs), would apply a phone firmware update to an appropriate 6.x patch level which is compatible with 6.x BToE.

What version of BToE would be best as a first step and the what version of VVX firmware as next step?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.