Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

What is the fastest way to retrieve a parked call?

TD_car_man
Occasional Visitor

What is the fastest way to retrieve a parked call?

At my work it's a race to see who can pick up the parked calls. One of my coworkers (we'll call him Ian), picks up 95% of parked calls (the other 5% happen while he's not at his desk). How does he do it? We've tried preemptively dailing retrieve+the normal park number, keeping our fingers on the buttons, and all kinds of other stuff but just can't beat him. How does he do it?!

 

I'm using a SoundPoint 650.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SteffenBaierUK
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: What is the fastest way to retrieve a parked call?

Hello TD_car_man,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used SIP or UC Software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

Please also include if you are using a SIP server or a LYNC / Skype for Business server.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

The above is also stated in the "Read First"

Therefore the Polycom VoIP FAQ contains this post here:

Question: How can I find out my SIP UC Software Version or the BootROM Version of my Phone?
Resolution: Please check here

 

Maybe simply asking him would be the easiest ?


Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. All posts and words are my own & do not represent the views of Employer.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 2