Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Where to find the Lync example config files? e.g. LyncPerphoneExample.cfg, LyncSharedExample.cfg

Highlighted
Polycom Employee

Where to find the Lync example config files? e.g. LyncPerphoneExample.cfg, LyncSharedExample.cfg

These files are actually attached to the .pdf document linked below but it is not obvious unless you know how to get to them. Some partners have already asked, which is why I have posted this here.

http://supportdocs.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/global/documents/support/setup_maintenance/pro...

Tip: The document must be downloaded first and then Adobe reader put into the mode to view the attachments which can then be saved - as per this example (in Extract.rtf  attachment).. When you right click on the file names you can save them to disk. You can select all three and save them all together. 

The files are also contained in the attachment files.zip

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Where to find the Lync example config files? e.g. LyncPerphoneExample.cfg, LyncSharedExample.cfg

Thx Keith !

It is also in the FAQ ;-)

=> here <=

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Re: Where to find the Lync example config files? e.g. LyncPerphoneExample.cfg, LyncSharedExample.cfg

after I edited the files how can i use them, should i rename them to MAC.cfg. or upload them directly with the existing name.

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted

Hello Ahmed ,

For basic questions like yours we encourage all users to read the FAQ and use the Forum Search.

The FAQ holds all the information how to load configuration a file(s) via a 0000000000000.cfg / <mac>.cfg

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Hi steffen
Actually my question was not how toupload cfg file. I know how to provsion the phone using ftp server or through web interface

I was asking about lync example cfg file. After editing it with server and user info should I upload it directly to the phone or I should put it inside <mac>.cfg file
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted

Hello Ahmed,

I am not aware of your knowledge level but to answer you question you either import it via the web interface as you can do from UCS 4.0.0 or you specify the files within the config_files"" section in your <mac>.cfg file.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

----------------

----------------

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Polycom Employee

You don't put the configuration parameters inside the [MACADDRESS].cfg file, you save them in s separate file and then reference to the new file in side of the master configuration file for that device.

For example, the 000000000000.cfg file would be updated to point to a common Lync file (lync.cfg) as well as a Lync settings files for each device ([MACADDRESS]-lync.cfg)

<APPLICATION APP_FILE_PATH="sip.ld" CONFIG_FILES="[MACADDRESS]-lync.cfg,lync.cfg" MISC_FILES="" LOG_FILE_DIRECTORY="" OVERRIDES_DIRECTORY="" CONTACTS_DIRECTORY="" LICENSE_DIRECTORY="" USER_PROFILES_DIRECTORY="" CALL_LISTS_DIRECTORY="">

-----------
Jeff Schertz - Principal Microsoft Solutions Architect [Blog]

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

thanks jschertz,

I figured it and did uploaded thee cfg file but currently i'm having a problem with the certificate.

thanks again.

Message 8 of 8